Almost Bought A RSV4 Today

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Stopped at a near by Aprillia dealer today because a friend had told me they now carry Triumph and Moto Guzzi. They had a 2010 RSV4 demo bike for sale with 5200 miles 12,240 OTD. The sales guy said they would take my bike on consignment and could get me at least Bluebook, probably better less 10%. Questioned that several times, but he was convincing.

Asked him about the recall, told me it was the 09's. Didn't sound right either, I thought it was the 10's. So I head home jump on the C14 and ride back after checking online for the recall it is on the 10's.

Get back there and he's checking my bike, says oh yeah no problem selling this blah blah it will be gone in 2 weeks. Tell him that the 10's were recalled, he can't believe any of their products would be recalled------shoulda walked right then. So he's goes to find out, the sales manager knows nothing of the recall either. Finally the owner comes in and says yes the motor was replaced. I ask for documentation which I finally get. The new motor has 3000 miles on it.

Then the sales manager says that they won't even ask for the Blue book price like the sales guy assured me he could get for it. They're going to tag it for $800 less. That pissed me off. She says besides she is already sitting an a ton of used bikes. Ok, the sales guy has already showed me their website and the used bikes listed. They have 4, 2 of which are Can Am Spyders, a snowmobile and only 1 M/C. I was done at that point. Also tells me that the warranty is already running which means less than 1.5 years not the 2 years the sales guy told me and they won't fix the broken piece on the fairing or replace the hugger that is missing either. Says the price they quoted is a mistake, should be $600 more but they will honor it if I buy now. Not a chance. I walk out to get my bike. I ask the sales guy where are all these used bikes she's talking about? He just shrugs his shoulders and mumbled something under his breath.

Freakin' liars that know almost nothing about the products they are selling. :banghead:

That BMW 1000RR Green is still for sale at Roseville BMW :whistle:

I love my 109 but as I am becoming a Faster Rider..............???

Robert

Oh and they had put Stinko tires on it too. Nobody understood my comment about them either. I hate salespersons. They didn't even know I was poking at them. :whistle:

Geezus even the Hardley dealer knew enough to puy new Q2's on the RC before they sold it.

Alright Russ...............enlighten me here, I'm old and thus easily confused!!?? Do you still have the busa and has said busa been repaired since that unfortunate close up and personal encounter with the guard rail?
How do you expect me to be able to keep up with you this season if you're going around looking to buy one of these light weights??:laugh:

love aprillia, hate salespeople: they are taught to say what you want to hear- with an almost total disregard for the truth...

if it helps: doesn't look like it was meant to be... your bike is out there somewherw tho:thumbsup:

But the real question is, was she hot?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not super hawt, she was white after all, my least favorite color. Her face was decent, had a couple of flaws. Missing hugger and a broken fairing chin piece.

Alright Russ...............enlighten me here, I'm old and thus easily confused!!?? Do you still have the busa and has said busa been repaired since that unfortunate close up and personal encounter with the guard rail?
How do you expect me to be able to keep up with you this season if you're going around looking to buy one of these light weights??:laugh:

Yeah, Masago is still with me. Replaced the mirror and nose cowl. Wet sanded the scratches out of the windscreen and been adding miles to her. Just minor damage to her, I'm still broken. Been dumping $$$ in the the RC. Put Ohlins internals in the forks and an Ohlins shock on it, have ASV levers and a Scott's damper coming.

I've got the Connie that doesn't get much road time. Just can't get it quite dialed in to my liking. I go thru stages of keep it and dump it. It would have been gone yesterday if the sales guy's numbers were close to true.

I've got that Rick Mayer seat for the Connie, any of the FOGGY Connie riders want a different seat?

And I doubt I'm gonna run away from you on anything, unless it's going to get your Bullet dirty, but I'm looking forward to trying. :thumbsup:

Russ, those aprilla's are sexy girls aren't they? Have had my eye on one for several years now...But so much money. I bought a very used 750 retired AMF race bike and will track just with that..ohlin everything, upgraded brakes, safety wired everything, upper engine work and the geometry on the bike is just perfect...5k. It is wicked fast and smooth...and more bike than i'll ever be able to max out the potential in...but oh, how I lust after the Aprilla:laugh:

I almost bought one before I bought the Busa. Infact it was between those two bikes. The aprilia was a 10 brand new no miles for 11,999, now prolly less, and the busa was an 08 new no miles for 10,000. Choice was pretty clear for me. It is a bad bike though, and it is on my bucket list twice, once just to sit on one and the other to actually ride one some day lol.

:rofl:i was actually picturing that very thing. like a tall thin dark haired vixen. :rulez:. :thumbsup:

If it is this chick I would buy the bike twice

36524316.jpg

Back