Almost at 600Miles on Busa: Chain feels a little loose. Is that Normal?

haya4life

Registered
I ride pretty aggressive. Is chain stretch normal for that period of time? Haven't measured yet, but that little slack in the chain makes it annoying to ride, especially when changing gears like down shifting. I have to be extra nice to her throttle or she bucks a little. Concerned that with that little jolt, it may force a rear tire spin in the coooooool Northeast weather.

Yes, having the chain adjusted is one of the main items with the 600 mile service :whistle:

Last edited:
It should be very loose. Adjust it but not too tight :thumbsup:

about 1 to 1 1/8 inch of slack as measured on the top of chain farthest up to farthest down

Make sure you adjust it at the thight spot on the chain..... all chains have a tight spot, take the time and find it and adjust from there. A chain to tight is bad for your bearings.

Should slack be measured with rear wheel on the ground, or when on stand?

CW

On the ground with you sitting on it.

I adjust and lube every three tanks of gas if I can.

Last edited:
Its normal for it to get loose with 600 miles on it! As Ba Busa said... 600 mile service it needs to be checked and tightened to spec. Lube it when warm after a 15 to 20 minutes ride! Use wd40 on a rag to help clean it! Then lube it with chain wax!

Its normal for it to get loose with 600 miles on it! As Ba Busa said... 600 mile service it needs to be checked and tightened to spec. Lube it when warm after a 15 to 20 minutes ride! Use wd40 on a rag to help clean it! Then lube it with chain wax!

+1

.....and don't use a brush to clean your chain, all that dose is cram dirt into the orings.

More stretch than usual will occur at first during the first 5-6 hundred miles and then it will slow down. Normal:thumbsup:

I had to adjust mine maybe 3 or 4 times in the first 2k miles or so, now it seems like it doesn't hardly loosen much. Stock chain is fine.:thumbsup:

Back