Almost at 600Miles on Busa: Chain feels a little loose. Is that Normal?

haya4life

Registered
I ride pretty aggressive. Is chain stretch normal for that period of time? Haven't measured yet, but that little slack in the chain makes it annoying to ride, especially when changing gears like down shifting. I have to be extra nice to her throttle or she bucks a little. Concerned that with that little jolt, it may force a rear tire spin in the coooooool Northeast weather.

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
Yes, having the chain adjusted is one of the main items with the 600 mile service :whistle:

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
It should be very loose. Adjust it but not too tight :thumbsup:

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
about 1 to 1 1/8 inch of slack as measured on the top of chain farthest up to farthest down

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Make sure you adjust it at the thight spot on the chain..... all chains have a tight spot, take the time and find it and adjust from there. A chain to tight is bad for your bearings.

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Its normal for it to get loose with 600 miles on it! As Ba Busa said... 600 mile service it needs to be checked and tightened to spec. Lube it when warm after a 15 to 20 minutes ride! Use wd40 on a rag to help clean it! Then lube it with chain wax!

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Its normal for it to get loose with 600 miles on it! As Ba Busa said... 600 mile service it needs to be checked and tightened to spec. Lube it when warm after a 15 to 20 minutes ride! Use wd40 on a rag to help clean it! Then lube it with chain wax!

+1

.....and don't use a brush to clean your chain, all that dose is cram dirt into the orings.

BIKE DUDE

Donating Member
Registered
More stretch than usual will occur at first during the first 5-6 hundred miles and then it will slow down. Normal:thumbsup:

r1d3on3

Registered
I had to adjust mine maybe 3 or 4 times in the first 2k miles or so, now it seems like it doesn't hardly loosen much. Stock chain is fine.:thumbsup:

Latest Bikes

• My Gen 3 Busa
    Photos of my 10 year freshen up on my 2009 Hayabusa. Parts highlights...
    • fallenarch
    • Updated:
  • Art 05 Hayabusa
    hayabusa 05
    • VIPER
    • Updated:
  • toads L2
    L2 as it is ridden today
    • ROADTOAD1340
    • Updated:
  • Busa in another part of Cornwall
    Cotehele pretty spot but residents didn't appreciate the Busa. I guess...
    • Grumpyoldjohn
    • Updated:
  • The Bumble Bee
    yellow09
    • Yellow09
    • Updated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Gtz