All tickets voided!

Glad the justice caught up to the officers breaking the law, and good for regular folks who got a break on their tickets. Unfortunately, in thousands of other cases, it's business as usual.

I used to live a couple of blocks from a courthouse. Lots of parking tickets for slightest violation for regular folks. Government employees parked anywhere they wanted, and never got a ticket. I contacted a local TV station, they came, shot a video, even interviewed me (although never showed), and spoke to a judge about unfair practices. After the broadcast, government employees were parking OK for a while, but after about two weeks, everything went back to the way it was.

The reason comes down to the government fining or taxing the government which was an old case where I believe it was Maryland that tried to tax the feds and the supreme court put the kibosh on that. Now cops are hesitant to issue citations to government entities/employees for that reason. While its true they could argue the point probably successfully that they shouldn't be fined, they should exercise the good judgement and park legally and respectfully and drive the same.

-D

I love that part where the mouthpiece says "Yeah we don't stop them because they may be on the way to an Emergency we don't know about".....:rofl:

Gee where have we hard that before? I think it must be part of the training manual that they get tested on. When breaking the law always answer with "We were headed to an emergency." "We couldn't use our lights cuz ummm well we just don't think the bad guys need to see we're coming." :rofl:

Back