All state insurance on my 08 busa(CHEAPPPP!!!)

outkastrr

Registered
Im 26 and I own a 2008 and 2003 busa...I have been with Progressive for 5 years. So its time to renew my policy and i get quoted for $130 a month for my 08 model and $80 for my 03 model which i didnt consider to be that much for my age for FULL COVERAGE AND 1000 DEDUCTIBLE. So i check around state farm, geico and some other companies gives me around the same rates. So i check with all state and they charge me only $55 for my 08 busa and $92 for my 03 busa. So of course i think they must have a error..so i call some more friends that have a 08 and up model and all of them gets around the same quote as me. So now i have more coverage plus 3000 in accesory damage and only a 500 deductible. And they have over 5 new customers.

The owner says it must has something to do with the vin numbers for the newer models. If so i will be selling my 03 and buying another 08 and up lol

215806_619897184531_1854683_n.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

406749_703769583571_6299003_n.jpg

im 27 and thats almost exactly my policy and premium. allstate has had my business about the past 8 years. they have my house cars and bike

You were getting screwed before. You are still paying to much though. I pay $25 a month for my 08 GSXR 1K and $39 for my 2012 Busa with State Farm. I've got plenty of coverage too.

State farm here as well, 2012 busa, 27 years old, and paying $30 a month full coverage with a $1000 deductible. State farm FTW especially for bikes.

You've got to compare more than price. Read all the fine print and research how they handle motorcycle claims.

read the fine print, some insurance companies insure sport bikes but they don't cover fairing replacement. The policy is super cheap till you crash and find this out.. just a heads up..I found this out while doing an estimate for a insurance adjuster..

I've got State Farm and they bought me a new bike in 2008 after the tornado blew mine over and peppered it with rocks. Pretty much all cosmetic damage. No complaints with how they handled it.

You were getting screwed before. You are still paying to much though. I pay $25 a month for my 08 GSXR 1K and $39 for my 2012 Busa with State Farm. I've got plenty of coverage too.

Well state farm tried to charge me the most... and besides louisiana has the highest premiums in the country..so if i stayed where you was at i could get it down that low lol

State farm for me as well. I pay 225.00 for a year full coverage and 1K ded. Of course I am 53 but I was paying 975 a yr before I went with SF. I had to put ins on all my cars there also and it was a little higher but the savings on the bike was worth it.

I had the same experience. When I got rid of my 2010 ZX14 (90.00 per month) progressive wanted $130 for the Busa and my SM. SO I shopped around. Allstate kicked everyone else. $66 a month full coverage on both bikes! Got to love that one!

I forgot to add that I am 26 and have had a policy with them for over 5 years. My vehicle isn't even with them. When I moved my truck to USAA from State Farm my 1K went up like $10 a month to $25. haha For those younger than 25, I paid about $110 a month for my 1K until I hit 25.

read the fine print, some insurance companies insure sport bikes but they don't cover fairing replacement. The policy is super cheap till you crash and find this out.. just a heads up..I found this out while doing an estimate for a insurance adjuster..

You are probably currect, but I'm not going to claim insurance for just fairings. It's not worth having my policy go up just to claim a cosmetic issue. I will either deal with it or buy new fairings out of pocket. That is also why I bought good frame sliders that will protect the plastics in the event that the bike is knocked over or something minor like that. It is all preference really. I have gotten a lot of people to switch to State Farm. Every insurance company I have talked to have flat out told me that they cannot compete with State Farm's motorycle insurance.

I switched from Progressive to Allstate, and saw a big drop on my '08. I think I was paying $75 with comprehensive and no collision, but I'm at $140 for full coverage on the '11 with the '06 and a 49cc scooter with state minimums on the same policy. I'm also 24, so we'll see what everything looks like when I turn 25 and bundle home owner's and auto with my motorcycle policy.

Well state farm tried to charge me the most... and besides louisiana has the highest premiums in the country..so if i stayed where you was at i could get it down that low lol

I'm sure that is a large factor as well. I can't imagine why Louisiana has such high insurance premiums. Hurricanes! haha There are always odd balls that get better rates elsewhere. Overall, I've just heard most people getting better deals with SF. I am not about to make an insurance claim for some plastics either so I don't care if one company pays for that. It's not worth my rate going up. I will either deal with it or just buy new or used plastics.

I use SF and was paying $75 a month on my K7 1000, then I upgraded to the Busa and pay $74. I think I'll look into allstate though. Good info:thumbsup:

You guy on allstate are in for a rude awakening when god forbid something happens.

How the heck are you guys all getting such low payments? Do you have multiple policies with these companies? I am perfectly happy with USAA for my home and Auto insc. but need better motorcycle insc... they all hit me up for roughly the same price of $130ish a month for $1K deductible full coverage.

Back