All out 1441 vs rcc stage 1

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Dollar for dollar, HP for HP, reliability for the street

Which is the better decision

I'm a big fan of anything all motor, but to say "turbo" holds its own weight

I know this may be VERY opinionated, but I must ask

I've heard horror stories about the 1441, and all things good abt rcc, but the thing about turbos for me, besides "FINDING" a good tuner, is the complexity and sooo much more to go wrong than all motor

Im sure this has been discussed, my apologies
Thank you

Last edited:
Dollar for dollar, HP for HP, reliability for the street

Which is the better decision

I'm a big fan of anything all motor, but to say "turbo" holds its own weight

I know this may be VERY opinionated, but I must ask

I've heard horror stories about the 1441, and all things good abt rcc, but the thing about turbos for me, besides "FINDING" a good tuner, is the complexity and sooo much more to go wrong than all motor

Im sure this has been discussed, my apologies
Thank you
Hi. Why the 1441? If you like big all motor the 1507 is the way to go.

1441 will never make the HP a Turbo will . If you can build your own motors then its merely the price of parts.
A well tuned ZX14R that is 1441 from factory with mild head porting from factory will lay down 205 to 210 hp
@ rear wheel . while a stage 1 mild street turbo is 240ish to 250ish , and can be bumped into the 300 range.
Probably most of the horror stories you hear is from X person who threw it together in their nasty cluttered garage with out setting ring gaps , and other important steps missed . A base kit of pistons / parts is 600 to 1000 dollars . Then you have to get the block done . Another 500 , and you really need CAMS now so there is another 1000 for good cams . Wait springs , and valves are needed too .
You see it does not take long to be in Turbo price range done right .

Hayabusazone - Pistons, Blocks, Engine Kits

Each has advantages, depends on what you prefer. The kit/build and tune is the key to reliability with either. You'll eventually want more power, and a turbo has the benefit of being easy to upgrade. Once the motor is built for boost, it's built. A 1441 will require more money to upgrade than a turbo.
All good points...hmm

From what I understand, the stage 1 rcc doesn't require you to touch internal parts until ultra I believe it was

That would save some initial time and money I would think

1441 will never make the HP a Turbo will . If you can build your own motors then its merely the price of parts.
A well tuned ZX14R that is 1441 from factory with mild head porting from factory will lay down 205 to 210 hp
@ rear wheel . while a stage 1 mild street turbo is 240ish to 250ish , and can be bumped into the 300 range.
Probably most of the horror stories you hear is from X person who threw it together in their nasty cluttered garage with out setting ring gaps , and other important steps missed . A base kit of pistons / parts is 600 to 1000 dollars . Then you have to get the block done . Another 500 , and you really need CAMS now so there is another 1000 for good cams . Wait springs , and valves are needed too .
You see it does not take long to be in Turbo price range done right .

Hayabusazone - Pistons, Blocks, Engine Kits
Thanks for the link, those prices seem very reasonable

A 1600 is crazy, never heard anything about a 1507 either...my only concern about those is heat and street ability, but I bet those 1600cc is Satan going down the track

I've got this poop talking z14 guy thats a must for me to snatch the lips off his face with my tailpipe down track...but he's also my brother lol

All good points...hmm

From what I understand, the stage 1 rcc doesn't require you to touch internal parts until ultra I believe it was

That would save some initial time and money I would think
If you're considering a stage one turbo, you may as well upgrade the internals. Save the money up and do it all at the same time. Get with Rob @Boosted Cycle Perf or Frank @POWERHOUSE and find out what the cost is in actual $$, keeping in mind that you will want more power when you get accustomed to what you have, and also that while cheaper isn't necessarily better, nor is more expensive. Value for money is the key. There's an old saying in performance: You can have it done right, you can have it done quick, you can have it done cheap. Pick two....

Don't big all engine builds produce a lot of heat too? Also, what is the power delivery, is one more streetable than the other? Why not a supercharger?
:banana::banana: WHY NOT A FRIGGIN SUPERCHARGER!!!!

GOOD GOSH DANGGIT QUESTION

my knowledge of superchargers on motorcycles is zero, where in the hell would you even get the source to turn it, belts would be a no no for me

I'm sure its crank driven...hmm
So unless its some kind of gear driven setup I wouldn't touch it...belts on a sport bike, ehhh

Last edited:
TTS Busa Blower they're available....
Again, blowers have advantages and drawbacks....
I suppose the cons are you have a lot of the same internal stuff as a turbo, same or more weight as a turbo, more noise, more complexity with the drive, power drain to drive it, and it makes less power than a turbo.

Pros: Power right away and when you go out and play Mad Max it sounds perfect?

There was a thread on here of someone who built one wasn't there? It was bad ass if I remember.

RCC STAGE ONE WILL WAKE 260-275 ON A STOCK UNOPENED ENGINE GEN1..... AND ONLY ON A GEN1 WITH AN UNOPENED ENGINE..... These are the facts.... 4500 or so for the kit...… there is no other deal like it. available from powerhouse.... good luck getting 260hp from ure 1441 that is "streetable"...… and superchargers???? unless I wass gonna bring my bike to mass and drop it off and have it built... I wouldn't even consider that..... Do a little research..... RCC has the best reputation anywhere, and the guy that owns the company HONORS his warranty(2years), and always answers his phone..... NOT ALL TURBO KITS are equal....

Last edited:
RCC STAGE ONE WILL WAKE 260-275 ON A STOCK UNOPENED ENGINE GEN1..... AND ONLY ON A GEN1 WITH AN UNOPENED ENGINE..... These are the facts.... 4500 or so for the kit...… there is no other deal like it. available from powerhouse.... good luck getting 260hp from ure 1441 that is "streetable"...… and superchargers???? unless I wass gonna bring my bike to mass and drop it off and have it built... I wouldn't even consider that..... Do a little research..... RCC has the best reputation anywhere, and the guy that owns the company HONORS his warranty(2years), and always answers his phone..... NOT ALL TURBO KITS are equal....
Do you have to send your bike to rcc

Not to mention finding someone close to mobile al to tune a turbo bike....ehh smh, nobody has a turbo bike in my area...NOBODY

Sounds like rcc is the way to go, I keep hearing nothing but good things about it, i would love a streetable 1507/1600 tho

If only I could tune the friggin thing lol

Do you have to send your bike to rcc

Not to mention finding someone close to mobile al to tune a turbo bike....ehh smh

Sounds like rcc is the way to go tho, I keep hearing nothing but good things about it

If only I could tune the friggin thing lol
the kit comes with a base map.... but yes before u start getting heavy on the throttle it needs a tune.... but a stage one operating off a wastegate spring without multiple boost levels...……………. if I were u i would have a conversation with richardc at rcc…… and also frank.... THESE guys are always there at their shops or will return ure call THAT SAME DAY.... I catch a lot of shyt for always recommending them.... but frank helped me when nobody else was particularly helpful... and never screwed me over when it would have been sooooooooo easy to do so... integrity is everything.

Last edited:
Where are you located? I was always interested in 1397/1441 too, but was told they get hot quick as far as a street bike. Once you ride a turbo bike, you’d never ever regret doing it. The power is there when you want it, and economy isn’t compromised. Mine is a kit ive put together with bits, and the rest was finished with rcc quality pieces that come in their kit. As far as what you’re willing to spend and go goals, your wallet is the limit. But buy a stage 1, and love 230 horsepower! When you decide you want more, upgrade pistons and valves, but the kit stays almost the same. Can’t beat it!

Back