All my xbox peeps!

I've had an X-Box and currently run a PS3. The announcement basically says they will make the X-Box an entertainment hub just like the PS-3 has always been. And lookie, they are going to include a Blu-Ray player, what foresight Msft has.

PS-4 will get away from the Cell processor and the difficult programming to adopt X86 type code just like the X-Box and PCs.

Unfortunately neither machine will be backwards compatible with previous consoles.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a common network interface and could play cross platform?

Actually, both machines will be pretty amazing 4th gen consoles. I have the PS-4 on pre-order already.

I've had an X-Box and currently run a PS3. The announcement basically says they will make the X-Box an entertainment hub just like the PS-3 has always been. And lookie, they are going to include a Blu-Ray player, what foresight Msft has.

The PS3 is no entertainment hub any moreso than the xbox 360 is. This new one will control your tv as well. Change channels with voice controls, etc. A true entertainment hub..

Also it's not fair to compare the 360 not having a bluray player. HD DVD was way more capable and higher quality than bluray, just lost out in the end..

I have a PS3 as well, so I'm not a fanboy, just stating the obvious. I don't like my PS3, don't like the playstation network and only use my PS3 for its bluray player.

Make sure you read everything Xbox is doing. Once you put that game in it is locked to that system. So no resale or trading in after you play the game!

Don't worry Blanca, there is ZERO chance of Xbox making it so you can't play used games. It'd be suicide.

Once the new Xbox comes out the games for it. Once you put that game in your system you will not be able to take that game out and play it on your friends Xbox because the game will be locked to your system. Just how apple did with iphone and itunes when it first started

"source that Microsoft's next console will feature a Blu-ray optical drive and some kind of anti-used game system. Details surrounding this little interesting nugget is virtually nonexistent -- even the source wasn't sure how Microsoft planned to implement such a system. One theory is that games will be initially tied and registered to one Xbox Live account. When sold off or passed to friends and siblings, these games would either be unplayable, or have a locked multiplayer component."

I'll believe it when I see it. I will however believe that they are gonna start having to download the disks onto the hard drive to get the kind of speed required to keep up those crazy graphics. Have you seen the gameplay???? Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I havent really been into game systems in w while but the whole anti play/piracy stuff is just silly anymore. Its suicide for them to try to lock things down, someone will break it within days of it being released just on the basic principle that having a locked down system they paid for is silly. One day these companies will realize that if they actually sold games, cd's, movies, etc for a reasonable price, people would buy them without the bother of hacking around to get them.

Remember the Sony debacle? They spent 100M and said they had the systems licked for being able to rip their new cds. Some dude in Europe defeated it in about 5mins with a sharpie marker. 100 MILLION invested defeated by a $2 sharpie.

Anywho, ps4 vs new xbox, I think it will continue to be silo'd between users, with some having both and folks just getting into gaming having a hellova decision to make. They will both offer something the other doesnt is my guess and that alone will likely make the decision for most folks.

Back