All metal 1 piece metal grips

kickinit

Registered
Ok has anyone has any experience with these off EBAY? I contacted the seller but this problem is a pain in my butt.

TIA

100_9567-1-1.gif

As long as you ride with gloves, your hands should be fine... Otherwise, they are like a cheesegrater on your hands...

Looks good when parked......But sure going to make rides of any distance less enjoyable.

Last edited:
Ok here is my problem.

I installed them, and when I check my throttle response the throttle is sticking open about half way. Checked all my cables etc.. NO PROBLEMS. So i looked more at the grip and noticed its got that cable grove UNLIKE the original one (original is flat=no grove) and I can actually here the cable grinding down that grove. The grove does not line up with the holes where the cables go, so its pulling it inboard and making the grinding and binding. Ok so just for ****s and jiggles I put the original grip back on (smooth as silk) ok back to the metal one, same grinding and binding.

OK I need help since the only thing I can think of is take it to work and have one of my machinists get rid of the grove and make it a flat top like the original grip. I don't forsee any problems doing this, but it sucks to have to do so if anyone has any info I'm all ears.

Also I always ride with gloves, I don't go any distances really on my bike so no biggie there, I love the look of them.....

Also it's on an 2004 Limited if that matters at all.

Last edited:
Ok since no one knows or has never installed anything on their bike, I found the answer of the crappy made grips WITH the grove. Mine are getting machined at the moment (hopefully wont hurt the throttle throw, I didn't check the measurements PERSONALLY) and will be like stock. Here is another more expensive set, NOTICE no grove (and more expensive, weird)

9fab_12.jpg

Last edited:
for sale hey dose anyone want theses mirrors i bought them from roaring toys and i didn't use them sweet looking bolts right on to a 08 busa i paid 239.00 for them ill let them go for $50 and plus shipping can;t be that much to ship 626-502-3969 so cailf area i also have other part off a new o8 busa if i can help orther memebers out let me know ="Red"][/U][/B][/COLOR]

016.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

014.jpg

Sorry bout your bad luck man the ones I have I ordered from the same place . But thank god had no issues worked perfectly and are bada$$
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry bout your bad luck man the ones I have I ordered from the same place . But thank god had no issues worked perfectly and are bada$$
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all good man, the guy selling them pissed me off saying I installed them wrong several times, it can't be the grip etc.. then says if something is wrong with it AFTER i said I was going to machine it he says oh you can't send it back if you machine it but you can send it back now since it might be defective LOL! what a toolbag, I didn't want to wait for someone like that. What sucks is this grip is the only thing keeping me from riding, which blows..

Back