All members need to read this

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, us admin types are in the background trying to figure out just what the heck as been going on with the board lately.

One of the items that came up is how un-friendly people have become around here.

New members come on this board looking for help, they ask a question. to people who have been in the game a long time it might seem like a no brainer, but guess what? for someone who is new to bikes, new to busa's etc they are asking the question because they don’t know and they want to know.

And what has been happening lately? all the perfect people jump in and start slamming someone for asking a question.

I don’t give a rats a$$ if the tre questions is asked 20 times a day. either answer the question or move on to a another thread.

You don’t need to try and convince everyone of your so called superior knowledge by belittling another human being.

Most of you numbskulls I could make you feel like complete idiots if I tried to explain certain aspects of computer technology, especially when it comes to encryption and encryption devices.

We all have our skill sets, NONE of us were born with the knowledge we posses, we all are where we are by asking questions. The arrogance of someone to make fun of someone else who is asking a serious question is astounding.

I just started a thread asking about reloading equipment. I know nothing about reloading, so I came here because hayabusa.org is the one stop shop of knowledge, we have soooooo many different individuals with soooo many varying skill sets that anyone could come to the org and ask just about any question they wanted and they could get an intelligent answer.

But what has been happening lately is we have been having an influx of new people, asking questions they don’t have an answer for and people (old members and new members alike) are coming off as arrogant elitist pricks making fun of their questions, I have one thing to say

KNOCK IT OFF!!!

The board is starting to come off as a bunch of arrogant pricks. That is NOT what has made this board great. Those of you that are constantly coming off as you know everything and everyone is below you, you are poisoning this board.

I am asking everyone to please stop making people feel like an a$$ when they ask a question. It is getting old.

My take on the current situation is the org needs to pull in the reigns a little and we should have a 0 tolerance BS policy for awhile.

Allow people to talk about any subject they wish, but once a person is disrespectful, comes off as arrogant and talks down to someone etc, that person will have posting privileges removed for a specified amount of time and their post will get whacked.

I don’t want to have to start doing that, we shouldn’t have to moderate to that level. But I also don’t like the way the board has been heading and we ALL need to turn it around and bring it back to the friendly and compassionate group of people that has made this board great, not an elitist group of arrogant pricks.

Last edited:
I have done a good job of staying out of the drama threads. But if anyone is interested in what I think is wrong with the org lately it is two fold IMHO: 1 - as thrasher mentions above...people slamming others for asking actual motorcycle related questions and or slamming others for having a difference of opinion on motorcyle related opinions and 2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else.

take it to heart people-remember you were a newbie once also asking some of the same questions...information, share and help is what we are all about

Now doubt about the fact that there's a cynical energy running around here like a dog off a leash. I always liked the "The search is your friend" response to a post, but "honestly" some folks are so new they aren't sure where "that" is.....Some of the good eggs like to post up a link to a similar discussion which is always very cool in response to a question. Humor is one thing, and this crowd has a very "broad" range of senses of humor bordering on obscene at times. I'm old enough to let it slide unless the off-color gesture is pointed at one of the females in our membership, but let's consider the new member and the impression left. I'm also not big on the member on member bashing contests either, but the fact remains that I believe some log-on just to see if they're slap-happy buddy is lurking. I've only been a member here since late 05', so I'm not really one of the steadfast few that have stayed from the beginning. I do know one thing though, "I love my Hayabusa". I like the fact that just about "every" topic has been covered somewhere in the archives. I still read endlessly through the topics picking up a more thorough knowledge of this machine. I also know that I would much rather mull around here than read some of the teenager crap on other sites. So when I'm given a "time-out" (part of yesterdays collective closing) by our head administrator because "someone" made him angry or upset. "THAT" pisses me off......a flip of the switch "he" controls and I'm stuck reading through teenagers talking smack......so BAN who you need to BAN and let's get back to the Love of the Hayabusa.......

I still go into "Bike Related" and find questions better suited to "Random Thoughts"....and I still ask the same question in many of the forums I've been asking for the last four years, "What's this got to do with riding, repairing, modifying, and customizing Hayabusas ????".

"Good on ya Brother"....

Glad to here Im not the only one who feels like its rediculous for older members to pop up and give newbs crap for asking honest motorcycle related questions...I posted a thread a while back about Oil types and what people were using...

I got my head bit of by older members yelling to use the search feature or look around their are tons of oil threads...I had like 4 pages of go look around and not a single valid answer...Kind of made me leave the site for the last few weeks...

Then I came back online yesterday and the site was closed...

I sure hope to see things turned around on here soon...

i answer all questions if i know the answer even if its a repeat, like you said there are many new people everday that do not know, it is a pleasure for me to help someone out if i can, i have allways hated those wasted post on why didnt you search, why waste your time even posting this if your not going to answer the question. good outlook on things ron, if more could have your attitude what a world of difference it would make for the good.

I have done a good job of staying out of the drama threads. But if anyone is interested in what I think is wrong with the org lately it is two fold IMHO: 1 - as thrasher mentions above...people slamming others for asking actual motorcycle related questions and or slamming others for having a difference of opinion on motorcyle related opinions and 2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else.

Disagree

I try to answer all question's, if I cant i try to point them in the right direction, maybe the repost icon and some of the others should be taken off of here as well...
other then that I'm pretty darn happy, if i read something negative I wont post to that thread at all....I have made alot of friends on here, and dont wish to lose touch with any of them...If I have ever managed to belittle someone or make them feel the way you speak, then i would like to appologize to those individuals...
:beerchug:

Back