All done for 2018

I don’t know how you guys can deal with the whole season thing. I’m just getting ready to really get some nice rides done, since it’s better weather now in Florida, than dealing with summer heat.

I don’t know how you guys can deal with the whole season thing. I’m just getting ready to really get some nice rides done, since it’s better weather now in Florida, than dealing with summer heat.

Gotta love living in the southeast!!!

As for my riding season, PR5 set #2 is coming soon to start the winter.

I’m thinking of getting in a ride up high before the snow closes the passes. Hiway 49 north from here ends very close to Lassen NP and I haven’t been there in a couple years. I’ll pass by historical towns like Sonora, Auburn, Grass Valley and Quincy. Now, to get the gumption to go, something I seem to be losing lately.:confused:

I’m thinking of getting in a ride up high before the snow closes the passes. Hiway 49 north from here ends very close to Lassen NP and I haven’t been there in a couple years. I’ll pass by historical towns like Sonora, Auburn, Grass Valley and Quincy. Now, to get the gumption to go, something I seem to be losing lately.:confused:

49 is a fantastic ride! I did that last month. If you head up to Lassen, not much farther to Burney Falls.

A5E95484-71F9-4614-9B8C-F5405FF2922A.jpeg

Nothing personal. I hate you guys
;)
If it makes any difference, I do feel bad for you guys. :hide: I’m NY right now and is crazy how many guys are out on their bikes with 40’F temps combined with rain. I guess they are just trying to put as many miles as possible, before it really gets cold and snow hits them.

If it makes any difference, I do feel bad for you guys. :hide: I’m NY right now and is crazy how many guys are out on their bikes with 40’F temps combined with rain. I guess they are just trying to put as many miles as possible, before it really gets cold and snow hits them.
people in NY are just tougher in general.

Is that how they call desperate and crazy in these parts of the world? :laugh: ....... joking!
YUP... distinction where there is no difference...… u know whats funny... at my job there is a GREAT debate amongst us... u see.... many many city folk work there... and also the northerners... aka WOODCHUCKS... many a fistfight to crown a winner.... consensus I see is that the woodchucks are generally acclimated to HARD farm work conditions... BIG boyz.... but the city folk are just plain mean... u would be surprised how far meaness can take a skinny frail person////// jk…. and I spent 2 years living in Syracuse,ny.. and no joke man... winter lasts 8 months... it snows everyday(lake effect snow) and brutal windy and COLD... it toughens a person up... u gotta read the definition of woodchuck https://everything2.com/title/woodchuck

Drove a truck for decades and sometimes would be driving along the St Lawrence on the Canadian side. I'd be listening to the radio in cold sunshine hearing about the roads being closed due to huge amount of snow!!!

Yup, me too. About 85 deg with 7-10 percent humidity in high desert of southern Cali, riding for at least another month then mild 60-70 most of the time, California, yee hawww love it here man.:banana:

I can normally get some good days of riding in through December. I can normally find a day or two in January and February. I just have to wear long underwear and multiple layers...

My Beast is ready to go into hibernation sadly....the season has come to and end early this year....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back