all credit to honda

delbert

Registered
i work as a motor tech in a small family run garage , today we had a 2002 honda accord 2.4 in for major service , this motor was sure over due a little tlc .
it had 100231 miles on the clock , the oil filter was weeping oil through the rust around the canister , the guy later admitted he bought this new in 2002 had the first service at 6k & has never touched it since.
94k with out even an oil change & never missed a beat
good advert for honda :beerchug:

I have had mainly American V8s most of my life but I recently just went Honda !
I sold on Ebay the 2004 Mercury Marauder you see and leased a new 2009 Honda Accord with a 4cyl.
All I need now and you know what , It is one of the nicest cars I have ever had.
I think I will try to keep it after the lease because my daughter Kathy has already fallen in love with it. May be a great 1st car for her.

I just wonder how a 4into1 would sound on it ?
Squeeze a Brock's under the hood somehow ?

2004 Marauder 002.jpg

various pics 011.jpg

I do love my hondas, but I am getting a smoking deal on an '96 Impala SS big body. It has very low miles, well maintained and has a new paint job. I have always wanted one and love the way the look when rollin down the street. :thumbsup:

They make a very good car but I've never had any desire to own one. Only one I've ever considered would be a s2k. Other than that give me v8 or death. Lol.

Btw everything I own cept the busa is v8. Cool for passing everything cept the gas station.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lets see here:

had a CRX in hs/college. had 382,000 miles on it when i got rid of it. Still ran fine and had even compression across all the sylinders, and the motor had never been opened up.

had an acura integra GS-R for a few years. Had 228,000 miles on it when i got rid of it. No motor problems at all.

Bought an 88 honda accord off a chick for 50 bucks. Put a battry in it, put tires on it, and had it around as a "crap" car for 3 years. Bought it with 282,000 miles on it, got rid of it with 296,000 on it. All the power windows worked, power locks worked, power sunroof worked...NO problems.

Wonder how long our 2008 Civic will last...

I ve never seen a oil filter last that long here. They usually rust though in two years or 23000 miles lose the oil then the motor spins bearings oll over. A College Professer did the above experiment and I found the damage. It was a Ford filter so Honda s filter must have better paint.

I have had mainly American V8s most of my life but I recently just went Honda !
I sold on Ebay the 2004 Mercury Marauder you see and leased a new 2009 Honda Accord with a 4cyl.
All I need now and you know what , It is one of the nicest cars I have ever had.
I think I will try to keep it after the lease because my daughter Kathy has already fallen in love with it. May be a great 1st car for her.

I just wonder how a 4into1 would sound on it ?
Squeeze a Brock's under the hood somehow ?

Off to the corner, you are notice!!! V8 to I4? you have more explaining to do:poke:

Hondas only last that long if you add a new sticker to it every couple of months. When you run out of room just add a fart can and you should be good to go:laugh:
Kidding aside, my friend just bought a Civic and they told him his warranty was good whether he changed the oil once or 100 times. Thats a pretty bold statement.

Yeah. our civic has different wheels on it and window tint. Thats all its ever gonna get as far as mods go. I got better things to spend money on, like...:laugh:

i work as a motor tech in a small family run garage , today we had a 2002 honda accord 2.4 in for major service , this motor was sure over due a little tlc .
it had 100231 miles on the clock , the oil filter was weeping oil through the rust around the canister , the guy later admitted he bought this new in 2002 had the first service at 6k & has never touched it since.
94k with out even an oil change & never missed a beat

good advert for honda :beerchug:

D-bags like this don't deserve to own anything w/ an engine. :banghead: Go buy a bicycle! :moon:

I had the 03 Marauder when I was mgr at Linc/Merc.
Slow Saturday made myself a killer deal.
When we learned 04 was last yr for car I again traded for a lower payment and a newer Marauder. Helps when the GM doesn't work on Sundays. Heheh

Left the car biz and opened company from home .
Car just sat .
After six yrs it only had 20k on it and was worth more than I owed .
I put it on Ebay just to see and sold it for 5k more than balance on loan.
Married with kids will do that to you.

Spent the 5k on....I don't remember and leased the Accord for 225 a month with 0 total out of pocket
Now six months later I still don't have 500 miles on it.
I do miss the V8 pwr but that's what Blanca is for.

I love Honda. I just wish the Civic had a bit more aggressive less chicky styling. Otherwise you can't beat them.:bowdown:

Sounds like the stories you hear about granpas old lawnmower bought 25 years ago and never had an oil change.

Back