Albuquerque riders? -NM-

TheDumbGrunt

Registered
I'll be back in ABQ tomorrow after a few long years away in the Army, and I'm lookin' for some fellow Busa riders to cruise with. I'm up to ride pretty much anywhere, anytime after 12:00 pm MON-THU, and I'll be off FRI, SAT, and SUN if my schedule doesn't change. I'm not particular on the routes... straight, twisty, in town, slowin' down on some back roads or some high speed freeway shenanigans, as long as I'm on the Bus, I'm smilin'! I'll be out riding everyday anyway, but a buddy or two is always good fun... maybe (if there's enough locals) we could throw a 505 Busa Bash?? If you're interested, let me know!

-Ride smart, stay safe and God Bless! :beerchug:

Be at Coffee at Dawn in Cedar Crest (HWY 14) around 0900 on Sunday Morning. I know two other Busa riders who are regulars just like myself. Lots of bikes there from a 1947 Indian to the latest Ducs. Great place to start your riding day and meet some fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. I ride a Black and silver 09.

ABQ riders. Friend and I will be riding to Taos from Cedar Crest tomorrow. Leaving from Coffee at Dawn around 1030 hrs. It's a beautiful ride but a long one. Anyone want to join in you are welcome.

If I caught your invite last night I would have been more than happy to ride north with y'all! Y'all ride safe out there and thank you for the offer!

Was a great ride. Hardly a drop of rain but it was hot. Some really cool bikes at coffee at dawn including a crazy diesel/gas turbo built by an engineer.

I will definitely have to get out there with you guys one of these Sunday's... sounds like a great time! Is the place pretty easy to find??

Yes, take 40 east to 14 and head north. Drive through Tijeras and when it becomes Cedar Crest Start looking for the Phillips 66 station on the right. As soon as you pass it look to the left and you'll see Coffee at dawn. Bikes start showing up around 0900 and by 1000 there are usually a couple of dozen. I'll be there this Sunday at 0900

I would love to go but too much going on with life events......hopefully come out in a few weeks before it gets too chilled.

Wonderful, perfect riding day today. There were two mint RD400s at CAD this morning along with a 2011 Royal Enfield Rocket 500. No that's not a typo, apparently they still build them in India. You had to look really close to tell it wasn't vintage. The electrical connectors and the fuel injection gave it away. Temps were a little cool early but warmed up to perfect. Highway 4 was as beautiful as ever.

It can get pretty cold here in the Winter. Remember we start out at around 5200 feet in altitude in the Rio Grande Valley and any time you head up to the mountains You can add a few Ks to that. Taos, Angel Fire, Los Alamos, Valles Caldera and Eagles Nest get pretty darned cold.

For the most part though, we have our warm spells and you can ride all year as long.

too chilled? ur in freakn NM! what is too chilled for you?

Snow on the roads. We get cold here believe it or not but not for very long. I no longer ride in anything colder than 55' with the sun out. I use to ride a lot in 30'+ weather and frankly on a Busa, way too cold for me. Not young anymore.

Going to be 80 degrees today. Will be heading up HWY 14 today and will stop at the Mineshaft for lunch around 1300.

Weekend before last it was over 100 degrees. It was great in the mountains but coming down through Jemez Springs and the pueblo was brutal.

Back