Al Gore sells Current Tv to Al Jazeera and clears $100 million for himself.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Al Jazeera Seeks a U.S. Voice Where Gore Failed - NYTimes.com

Desperate to get it done before end of last yr. It didn't happen until Wednesday which will cost him approx 8-9 million more in taxes.

Strange an Eco nut would sell to a company from an Oil rich country? Maybe?
$500 million for the channel is way overpaying but Al Jazeera has to be happy to have 40 million homes in their corner now.
As 20% owner of a company only a few yrs old he will clear $100 million.
Wow.

I think I'm happy for him? No? American business success story, no?
Or do we hate hate hate him?

Easy, Al Jazeera is a pretty fair reporting agency. They don't support per se' terrorists they just give them more airtime than others would. And a lot of the things that got Al Jazzeera it's bad name turned out to be true. Like during the Iraq war, they were pretty much only news org saying there were no WMDs in Iraq. Many folks took that to be support for Saddam. But in the end it turned out they were correct.
Anyway I'd probably put AJ in same category as Fox or CNN, biased and with agenda.

Easy, Al Jazeera is a pretty fair reporting agency. They don't support per se' terrorists they just give them more airtime than others would. And a lot of the things that got Al Jazzeera it's bad name turned out to be true. Like during the Iraq war, they were pretty much only news org saying there were no WMDs in Iraq. Many folks took that to be support for Saddam. But in the end it turned out they were correct.
Anyway I'd probably put AJ in same category as Fox or CNN, biased and with agenda.

If I don't jump to conclusions ill never be able to jump :laugh:

It's just seems that the only time I see them reporting on things somethings gettin blown up or associated with not nice folks. Maybe that's just because they are the predominant news agency in the middle east? All the recordings I've seen from terror groups are aired on that network, I'd prefer they not give those groups a platform to speak. I know it won't stop them, but it may slow down recruiting a bit and the very least.

Well I think this kinda sucks. If you believe in the stuff on Current TV then selling it to Al J doesn't really help your cause(s). Good for him but it sort of seems like AL is slowly turning to the dark side. First he lost Tipper, then gave up the Global Warming crusade for the TV channel, now this? Rooster Rider said what everyone on the right was thinking, don't see how that helps Al's causes.

If I don't jump to conclusions ill never be able to jump :laugh:

It's just seems that the only time I see them reporting on things somethings gettin blown up or associated with not nice folks. Maybe that's just because they are the predominant news agency in the middle east? All the recordings I've seen from terror groups are aired on that network, I'd prefer they not give those groups a platform to speak. I know it won't stop them, but it may slow down recruiting a bit and the very least.
Its because the only time our media talks about them is to make them look radical. I saw some really cool motorcycle stuff on there and they are supposed to be very "fair & balanced"

its crap basically but good for him and even more appropriate that he gets hit with the taxes he helped put in place (Clinton era tax rates). Politics aside it shows that at the end of the day regardless of your agenda cash is king. He had other offers but not nearly as much as this one. He could have kept the station in the country and for what its value really was but got an elevated price from a foreign group, led by a foreign govt so they could have reach into the US market. No wait, that is politics as usual :banghead:

Al Jazeera is the see eye A's voicebox... I was in Qatar and know the whole story. It ain't pretty. This whole deal wreaks of a major back story and see eye A's multibillion dollar slush funds.

How are our politicians getting so rich, I know Al Gore invented the internet but never pegged him as a TV mogul.

I would like to see a list of net worth tracking on our dear leaders, all of them, how much they are worth when they get to DC and how much they are worth now and where the hell they get all the money, hell, their pay is only a couple hundred G's a year max.

How are our politicians getting so rich, I know Al Gore invented the internet but never pegged him as a TV mogul.

I would like to see a list of net worth tracking on our dear leaders, all of them, how much they are worth when they get to DC and how much they are worth now and where the hell they get all the money, hell, their pay is only a couple hundred G's a year max.

It is called insider trading and is supposedly illegal and investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, but hey, you become a elected official, you know everything about everything and just use your political network to get money and leverage it into 100's of millions if not billions of dollars all hidden behind a Trust company under some obscure name with accounts in the Swiss Banks and The Isle of White or Isle of Mann.

How Ironic that it got out that Al wanted the deal done before HIS Capital Gain taxes went up....If it shows up on my channels, I'll take a look to see how "fair/balance' AJ is and make up my own mind. He is one of the most hypocritical talking heads I've seen about as bad as Micheal Moore (the more both of them open their mouths, the more they are revealed as fools - albeit rich fools).

Al just wanted out so he could invest in creating the Carbon Trading Exchange.....

It is called insider trading and is supposedly illegal and investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, but hey, you become a elected official, you know everything about everything and just use your political network to get money and leverage it into 100's of millions if not billions of dollars all hidden behind a Trust company under some obscure name with accounts in the Swiss Banks and The Isle of White or Isle of Mann.

Surely you are not saying our U.S. elected officials and politicians could be crooked!:rofl:

Washington needs a total house cleaning, top to bottom.
Go back to the original way of how things were done, all of them were volunteers without pay and benefits. They could still have networked to their own personal gain, but at least they weren't bleeding the tax payers for ridiculous salaries and benefits, and for minimum working hours.

If it was mine I would have sold it to :laugh: 500 million in my wallet thank you and good bye... :rofl:

Al just wanted out so he could invest in creating the Carbon Trading Exchange.....

Funny you should say that because I have been developing a trend analysis about the history of economics and trade. First people went out and gathered their own firewood.. Then they got busy specializing so the woodsman would bring product to market and sell or trade to others for subsistence items. The came along the discovery of coal, oil, biofuel, solar, windpower, nuclear etc... Along the way people just started to use something called marketing to sell others non commodity items that they employed psychological pressure and fear inducing tactics to convince the prospective buyer that this want is actually a need. Fast forward past jewels and cars and planes and trains or powerplants. Along comes this thousand year warming trend that because of our limited actual recorded history is only being propagated to the masses as actually a normal cycle of weather due to celestial alignments. But, the guys that actually knew that because they were the ones that murdered Moctezuma to find out what it was all about decided to come up with this carbon greenhouse effect horsemanure and started to plan how to market it once sea levels started to rise an inch or so... And Presto you got Al Gore winning a 5,000,000 noble prize for a stupid book that he plagiarized and falsified using knowledge extracted from the Mayan/Aztec Calendar. How's that for an inconvenient Truth?

Back