Akrapovik Exhaust

The Oracle

Registered
I am going with the Akrapovic Titanium Evolution System.

The best price I have found is $1273.70 + shipping. Does anyone know of a better price?

Also, if I only do the "pair mod", will that suffice?? Or, do I have to remap?

Any tips, ideas, or further information would be greatly appreciated.

-Vaughn.

Check ebay -do a search on "hayabusa" typically there is a seller on there who sells the system for $975 i believe its the same you are looking for, but you can check it out. And with an exhaust like that you are gonna get better performance if you remap.

I went back and check for you...the evo system was $1200+... i'ld check some of the websites i've got a list of about 350 vendors for various motorcycle accesories and parts if you need a place to start surfing

I went back and check for you...the evo system was $1200+... i'ld check some of the websites i've got a list of about 350 vendors for various motorcycle accesories and parts if you need a place to start surfing
Thanks man! I would love a copy of that list... email it to me: hayabusa@virtualinks.com.

I have an '03 busa... So would I use the PCIII to remap? I guess I would do airbox mod as well.

So, here is the total list of exhaust related mods:
-Akrapovic Evo = $1270
-Pair Valve mod = free
-Airbox mod = free
-Powercommander III = $320

Total modification costs = ~$1600

Does that look kosher?

Thanks again, Rip.

Thanks man!  I would love a copy of that list...  email it to me: hayabusa@virtualinks.com.

I have an '03 busa...  So would I use the PCIII to remap?  I guess I would do airbox mod as well.

-Akrapovic Evo = $1270
-Pair Valve mod = free
-Airbox mod = free

Does that look kosher?

Thanks again, Rip.
RIP......you forgot the filter

Thanks man!  I would love a copy of that list...  email it to me: hayabusa@virtualinks.com.

I have an '03 busa...  So would I use the PCIII to remap?  I guess I would do airbox mod as well.

-Akrapovic Evo = $1270
-Pair Valve mod = free
-Airbox mod = free

Does that look kosher?

Thanks again, Rip.
I thought you could do the airbox mod and keep OEM filter... I have to do a little more research.

BTW - unlike you other bozos... When I swap exhaust, I will record a plethora of before and after sounds to post!

( ;

-Akrapovic Evo = $1270
-Pair Valve mod = free
-Airbox mod = free

Does that look kosher?

Thanks again, Rip.
I thought you could do the airbox mod and keep OEM filter...  I have to do a little more research.

BTW - unlike you other bozos...  When I swap exhaust, I will record a plethora of before and after sounds to post!

( ;
You can do the mod and keep the stock filter......but by the looks of yer list yer after more power......may as well do the filter at the same time.

Hey Bro, I think you will need the pcIIIR won't you?
Thanks for capturing the sounds man, looking forward to it.

Hey if ya would, send me that list too! ;) I have a Bone stock 2000 Busa and I am getting ready to mod it up a lil'... That big list of motorcycle websites would be a big help!
mrquazy@hotmail.com

Yeah...  I meant to put the r on the end...  oops.  Also, I will be putting header wrap and heat shielding...  So, here is the revised list:

$1270.00  Akrapovic Evo
FREE      Pair Valve mod
$   30.00  Pair mod block
FREE      Airbox mod
$   67.00  Air filter
$ 320.00  Powercommander IIIr
$   37.00  Header wrap
$   27.00  Heat shield tape
$   12.00  Hose clamps (4)
$ 200.00  Shipping for all of this crap
================================
$2000.00  Approximate Exhaust Mod Cost

Closer to the REAL deal??  Any ideas, comments, questions?

Yeah...  I meant to put the r on the end...  oops.  Also, I will be putting header wrap and heat shielding...  So, here is the revised list:

$1270.00  Akrapovic Evo
 FREE      Pair Valve mod
$   30.00  Pair mod block
 FREE      Airbox mod
$   67.00  Air filter
$ 320.00  Powercommander IIIr
$   37.00  Header wrap
$   27.00  Heat shield tape
$   12.00  Hose clamps (4)
$ 200.00  Shipping for all of this crap
================================
$2000.00  Approximate Exhaust Mod Cost

Closer to the REAL deal??  Any ideas, comments, questions?
you can save the cost of the block off plates . I have no intention of puttin' the pair back on , so I cut the pipes at the top where they bolt to the head . Now you've got plates that fit perfect . Trace out the shape on too some thin metal ,grind,drill 2 holes. Takes 15 minutes .

Also, if the hose clamps are for the header tape(which I'm guessing they are) , you'll need 8 , one for each pipe top an' bottom . You can also wrap the pipes all the way to that last section just before it becomes visible , save some $ on heat shields , keep yer oil pan cooler too , etc . The added heat shouldnt be a problem for you or me...we got TITANIUM...
hee hee hee . My exhaust can doesnt get any hotter than "room temperature"...so I dont think the added heat out back will cause the can to melt or blue,like carbon or steel or ally cans.

Then there's service...unless yer doin' all this yerself . Hopefully you'll hit it bang on , with a map from Dynojet or Akra.
There's 4 or 5 maps to try on the disc that will come with yer PCIII . Just dont give up (NOT YER STYLE ANYWAY) too easily . I've installed 8 maps on my bike so far , and I'm still not totally satisfied .

O ya....when ya reach into yer piggy bank for 2 grand , dont forget to take out a bit extra (the taxman wants his cut)
Have a good one Rippah....RSD

I have heard that the welds on the ti pipes/can, crack if you plan to drag race or do a lot of wheelies!
wow.gif

Akrapovic Race w/ Titanium-can delivers the same horsepower and weight differences are only two to three pounds. $300.00 less.

I have recently seen a Akrapovic Race on Ebay with a 'BuyNow' for $969.00

Additionally, there are online companies selling either pipe with PCII, III or IIIr thrown in on the package.

I think I saved you about $500.00.
rock.gif

My local bike shop (CAD Cycles) has a dyno and will work on the mapping with me... So, I am ordering the headers etc.

Like I said, I will record sounds and take pics...

Wish my NON-mechanical ass luck, 'cause I will need it.

-V

I have heard that the welds on the ti pipes/can, crack if you plan to drag race or do a lot of wheelies!
wow.gif

Akrapovic Race w/ Titanium-can delivers the same horsepower and weight differences are only two to three pounds. $300.00 less.

I have recently seen a Akrapovic Race on Ebay with a 'BuyNow' for $969.00

Additionally, there are online companies selling either pipe with PCII, III or IIIr  thrown in on the package.

I think I saved you about $500.00.  
rock.gif
Weird about the welds... I have been reading that they are some of the best in the business for the welds.

Thanks for the info... I will keep my ears and eyes open for further information on this problem.

I got a full Akro for my ZREX from Harwood Performance Source in England......beat all others by many $.  Talk with Sean Ride, the price (even including shipping) will surprise you.  Something to do with the Pound/Dollar exchange rate.

e-mail addy:  sean.ryde@bikehps.com

I got a full Akro for my ZREX from Harwood Performance Source in England......beat all others by many $.  Talk with Sean Ride, the price (even including shipping) will surprise you.  Something to do with the Pound/Dollar exchange rate.

e-mail addy:  sean.ryde@bikehps.com
Thanks man... Alas, it is already ordered.

Along with Kevlar brake lines (front and rear).

Thanks again.

Back