Akrapovic Full Exhaust

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I am saving to put an exhaust on my busa. Just would like some pro cons suggestions on weither to keep dual or go to single exhaust. I like the single but I dont want to change it up if its a bad idea.

I have the Akropovic Racing 4-2-1 single. It does not unbalance the bike. It gave a better linear performance increase from 4k through 11k rpm, than other makes/types. Weight is 6kg compared to the 22kg of the standard pipe set - saving 16kg.

I also have the Akrapovic 4-2-1 Titanium Carbon full system and luv it!! Feels like a whole new bike.
If your looking for weight saving go with 4-2-1
If your looking for the dual look go with a 4-2-2
I think both have the same performance with a slight advantage to the 4-2-1
You cant go wrong with an Akrapovic the quality and workmanship are world class and the welds are perfection!!

Akrapovic.jpg

I also have the Akrapovic 4-2-1 Titanium Carbon full system and luv it!! Feels like a whole new bike.
If your looking for weight saving go with 4-2-1
If your looking for the dual look go with a 4-2-2
I think both have the same performance with a slight advantage to the 4-2-1
You cant go wrong with an Akrapovic the quality and workmanship are world class and the welds are perfection!!

+1
I have the full dual Akrapovic on my gen2.
Looks and sound are the main difference. Akrapovic claims their full single exhaust makes 1 more hp than their full dual. The full dual only weighs a couple pounds more too, it's not noticeable.
As a rule of thumb full singles make a little more peak hp. Where as full duals tend to make a little more low to midrange power. You'll really not notice the difference though.
Having a full single doesn't cause any off balance of the bike either. Full single or dual midpipes and mufflers only weigh a couple pounds. Having either is a noticeable handling improvement as you can feel the weight of the stock mufflers gone when flicking side to side through curves.
Akrapovic designed both systems to work with the factory fuel/ignition maps and no tuning is needed. The bike will run better with either exhaust. A good dyno tune will always make for better throttle response and overall ride though.:beerchug:
Buy the one which you prefer the looks off.

Ya, this is the 1st bike I've owned with dual. I actually prefer the single sided. I just wanted to make sure there would be no downfalls before I decided. Specially with the balance.

after looking closer, i decided to stay with the 4-2-2. The reason why is because of the rear rearsets. It mounts to the exhaust and would look funny hanging there. Also i think that the 2 exhaust make the small rearend look more even with the wide front.

personally i love the akropovic systems i just cant afford one but personally i would run the dual system i love the sound of it

Back