airtech +6 street tail. need help

FATBOYONABUSA

Registered
i bought this used from a guy and the way he has the light mounted i don't like. it's not flush with the tail light opening. can someone that has this tail show me how they did the mounts.

thanks in advance

airtech sells the piece that you glass or epoxy into the tail section

how strong is that epoxy ? reason i ask is the tail light opening has a bit of a gap so i think the only way i have of getting rid of it is to pull it in with mounts like yours.

how strong is that epoxy ? reason i ask is the tail light opening has a bit of a gap so i think the only way i have of getting rid of it is to pull it in with mounts like yours.
mine are in there pretty good, I dont want to "test how tought they are, but i can tell you they are by no means brittle and ready to break off. if you fear strength just use some flat poly to gusset the studs.

can you get a picture of what you have going on?

this is the issue, it has a gap. prefer it to be flush and look "factory"

tail.jpg

was the tail actually cut to big or has the taillight bracket been install too far out? if you back the headlight up does the gap shorten up?

no it looks as it was cut where it was supposed to be. it's going to warm up this week, i'm going to toy with it a bit and see what i can come up with. thanks for the pics guys. i appreciate it.

Back