Airshifter

RSXtypeS

Registered
gen 2 busa. I have a Airshifter and Bazzaz Quick Shifter. I just got the Airshifter installed. When I hit my Horn Button to Use the Airshifter my Speedometer aka MPH Guage Shoot up really Quick and then comes back to the Correct MPH. It is shifting into the correct gear. If I use my Quick shifter, the Speedometer does not react the same way. Can anyone explain to me why a Airshifter would cause that?

Not knowing the specifics of the wiring and triggering I would guess the difference is because the trigger inputs are different. The real question is why does the MPH spike.

Not knowing the specifics of the wiring and triggering I would guess the difference is because the trigger inputs are different. The real question is why does the MPH spike.
I'm going back to my installer tomm. The bike is not acting funny or Surging or anything. A buddy of mine has a 1000 and his airshifter does the same thing he said. I want to know WHY it does it as well. I will keep you posted

I'm going back to my installer tomm. The bike is not acting funny or Surging or anything. A buddy of mine has a 1000 and his airshifter does the same thing he said. I want to know WHY it does it as well. I will keep you posted
I have an air shifter on my 1000 and my Busa. Neither effect the speedometer. On the 1000 I installed a Pingel shifter. MPS did the flash for the shifter I installed on my Busa. Who makes the shifter you had installed?

I have an air shifter on my 1000 and my Busa. Neither effect the speedometer. On the 1000 I installed a Pingel shifter. MPS did the flash for the shifter I installed on my Busa. Who makes the shifter you had installed?
Schnitz. My installer said it's normal. He is a Pro Street Drag Racer.

Schnitz. My installer said it's normal. He is a Pro Street Drag Racer.
I know who Ryan Schnitz is. He did the flash on my Gixxer. If he says it's normal for his shifter I'm sure it's fine. Just have not seen that happen on either of my bikes. But like I said one of mine is a Pingel shifter and the other is an MPS shifter...

I installed a A/S on my 05.years ago. purchased piece by piece from all over the web, no kit spent like 100 bucks and it still works great without those issues.

Back