airshifter problems

bigbill1300

Registered
I have a 06 busa put a mre airshifter with the schnitz kill box some times will not shift. I hear it cutting out the ignition but will not shift into gear. Does any one have any idea or can tell me what the settings have to be set at for the killtime and the ignition time.

adjust your kill time a little longer, make sure the cylinder isn't bound up and its adjusted correctly so that its not bottoming out trying to go from 1st to 2nd gear etc.

how much air pressure are you running? How close to the cylinder is the solenoid?

i am running 120lbs pressure yes it is mainly from 1st to 2nd what tdo you mean bound up
i'm guessing greg means make sure the shifter can move up and down, i.e. the cylinder isn't tightened so much that it can't move back down.

IIRC, with the cycle-tek one the pressure is around 300psi (or is that the max on the gauge, can't remember).

can you pull in the clutch and shift using the air-shifter? That will take the kill box timing out of question. If it does, then your problem is your kill time. If it doesn't, then your problem is something else.

Take your shifter linkage apart and lube the pivot bushings/linkage points as well. Also disconnect the ram and make sure the ram will travel further than needed for the 1-2 shift. I think that is what Smith said as well.

The closer the solenoid is to the ram, the better (less kill time needed)

I'm using a hybrid air setup with my PCIII controlling the kill (fuel) so my kill times will not help you.

Co2 is usually 130-140 psi after the regulator, 300 psi would break some stuff
thanks for clearing that up
beerchug.gif

first ,make sure its clear of everything and not rubbing or hitting anything,like kickstand safety switch,i had to remove mine because it would get hung up on the switch.I have a gatlin bracket.it attaches to the back bottom side of the stator...and you say you can hear your engine cut off?
rock.gif
I've never heard that,I thought it happens too fast,like nano second or something!!

thanks for all the info i loosened the ram a little bit and pushed up the kill time it seems to be shifting find now .

thanks for all the info i loosened the ram a little bit and pushed up the kill time it seems to be shifting find now .
make sure there is locktite on the bolts that hold the ram in place. the last thing you want is that to back out on you.

I'm not sure how the mps ram mounts, but the cycle-tek one has the equivalent of 2 nuts on the bolt to stop it from backing out (really the bolt screws in something then there is a long nut that acts as a lock).

Back