eek2.gif
but who sells them at a
reasonable price
rock.gif
THX ED

(heavybusa @ Oct. 28 2006,08:30) Try StreetNTrack or cloudnine  
iamwithstupid.gif
  drop them a PM
We can do them for $85 tyd if you guys wanna do a group buy maybe get them down to $80 need at least 5 people to do group buy....post it up will buy all in 1 week or something.

I have to ask this question. How much performance is gained by this mod to make it worth $85? Good on ya Golden Child for hookin' the fellas up with a deal, but just how much effect does this have?

Don

I'm not exactly sure how much is gained with them but I know when I added the scoops I picked up 1.5mph in the 1/4 and I frequently find the airbox not seated correctly so I figure I'll give them a try.

Hey heavybusa; did I miss something on the I'm with stupid bit???

no you didnt, when I posted this, the sponsor link was cloudnine.

So the sign was pointing to that.

I've now realized that it changes each time I refresh. Lesson learned.

How easy are they to take out.

Every 7500miles the airbox has to come off for servicing and the 4 boots over the throttle bodies already make it a pain in the a$$. Is it any harder with the aftermarket stuff??

They are designed to allow easy removal. Just roll the rubber seal back. Just put a little vasoline on the velocity stacks to reinstall them on the throttle bodies.

I was told by a rep at my local dealer that those have a negative effect if you get caught in the rain. The factory "sponges" are there to absorb the water and/or let water out before it has a chance to make it to the airbox. Sealing it up will let water in.

I'm not sure how true it is ... I'm just mentioning something I was told in the past.

(Gixx1300R @ Nov. 04 2006,10:47) They are designed to allow easy removal. Just roll the rubber seal back. Just put a little vasoline on the velocity stacks to reinstall them on the throttle bodies.
What about the install,

do you stick it on the throttle bodies 1st or into the ram air ducts 1st??

(Spigga @ Nov. 04 2006,10:53) I was told by a rep at my local dealer that those have a negative effect if you get caught in the rain. The factory "sponges" are there to absorb the water and/or let water out before it has a chance to make it to the airbox. Sealing it up will let water in.

I'm not sure how true it is ... I'm just mentioning something I was told in the past.
That is incorrect. The catch on the bottom of the Ramair tube is designed to catch moisture. That is why there is a hole there.

You install the Rubber boot for the velocity stacks on first

(Spigga @ Nov. 04 2006,10:53) I was told by a rep at my local dealer that those have a negative effect if you get caught in the rain. The factory "sponges" are there to absorb the water and/or let water out before it has a chance to make it to the airbox. Sealing it up will let water in.

Not sure if the foam thingys are supposed to be sponges.

But I am sure that water is supposed to be drained from here on the air box.

qp.jpg

Hi Gixx1300R are you still making this seals for sale? I have a Gen 2 Hayabusa 2015 if you do let me know the price thanks

Back