AIRBOX MOD

Steve R

Registered
Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a Busaholic, and new member...I just completed the mod on my airbox. Someone told me to disgaurd the hose out of the top of the engine to the box, and remove the other hose from the box ( looks like this hose goes forward) and connect it to the top of the engine. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

i think they are tring to tell you how to do the pair valve mod. all you need to do is disconnect the hose that is on the back right bottom of the airbox and put a marbel big enough to clog it inside and then plug it back up.

if you are removing the pair valve altogther then there will be a few more steps than that, but it doesnt sound like thats what you are trying to do.

Thanks, that clears it up..I cant see why you would want to connect the pair valve emissions into the crank breather...

what exactly would this MOD do for a stock busa? Pro's and Con's anyone?

(V8N3T @ Sep. 09 2006,23:31) what exactly would this MOD do for a stock busa? Pro's and Con's anyone?
I have never seen anyone post that the "marble" mod or the PAIR valve mod made any improvements for a stock bike.

Don

(usn04limited @ Sep. 10 2006,09:03)
(V8N3T @ Sep. 09 2006,23:31) what exactly would this MOD do for a stock busa? Pro's and Con's anyone?
I have never seen anyone post that the "marble" mod or the PAIR valve mod made any improvements for a stock bike.

Don
If you have bolt on cans it does wonders.

No more popping.

(Steve R @ Sep. 09 2006,21:07) Thanks, that clears it up..I cant see why you would want to connect the pair valve emissions into the crank breather...
Your talking about the sucker mod
laugh.gif
sucka!! just kidding
wink.gif
Some folks say when you connect the pair hose to the crankcase breather the pair valve keeps a suction going which is suppose to help relieve crankcase pressure and let the motor spin easier...which would mean more power. I wouldn't do it myself and I'm not even sure if its been proven to work....but thats the theory
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Back