Air Tools?

all my air tools are craftsman except for an air grinder that I picked up at hf for cheap... I have not had an issue with it.

I have a few from them. Mostly for occasional use. I have a combo brad nailer/stapler that works fairly well. I like to do woodworking and the stapler has worked out well. A couple die grinders - also good. Impact wrench...eh. Doesn't have as much "ooomph" as I would like. I ended up getting a nice one from a buddy. But, again, for occasional use...not bad. Oh, their pneumatic grease gun works well. And air hammer, too.

I've also got some Craftsman, Chicago Pneumatic, Bostitch, Senco, Paslode, Campbell Hausfield... Just depends on what I'm using it for...

Good tools for the money. For business I use American tools, but for the garage, some are the Chinese stuff, they work just fine,

I know a few techs that tried them out, they do alright for awhile but don't seem to hold up in a pro environment. However at $19.99 for an air ratchet keep a spare and get a new one I guess.

I think they'd be fine for a weekend warrior.

All my heavy hitters (1/2" impact, 3/8" impact and air ratchet) are matco, but I've got a HF die grinder that hasn't given me any trouble yet. I probably wouldn't bother with the impacts and stuff; I just really don't think they'd be worth it. But then again I'm used to the power of Matco and Snap-On.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know a few techs that tried them out, they do alright for awhile but don't seem to hold up in a pro environment. However at $19.99 for an air ratchet keep a spare and get a new one I guess.

I think they'd be fine for a weekend warrior.

I agree; I have a few and they do fine for occasional use but be sure to keep them lubed or they will die...

being an ASE Master Tech and having to use my tools on a day in and day out basis, i've come to learn, you get what you pay for, I own either Snap-on or IR air tools...

I've never really cared for the Snap-on air tools even though most everything else in the box is Snap-on, including the box.

It's the triggers, always felt like either off or on, I could never manage to modulate the throttle. I've always used IR impacts, Mac flat air ratchet and grinders, last thing I got was the new Matco reversable cut off tool, being able to toss sparks either direction is nice.

I use snap on mostly at work and I know what you mean about it is either on or off! But they are extremly powerful!

I've never really cared for the Snap-on air tools even though most everything else in the box is Snap-on, including the box.

It's the triggers, always felt like either off or on, I could never manage to modulate the throttle. I've always used IR impacts, Mac flat air ratchet and grinders, last thing I got was the new Matco reversable cut off tool, being able to toss sparks either direction is nice.

agreed for the most part, the only Snap-On air tool I actually own is the 3/8 air ratchet. best air ratchet i've ever owned.

Glad it wasn't just me. They are very strong and plenty reliable, if it wasn't for the triggers I'd have them too.

I made my first visit to Harbor Freight Tool yesterday. My worshop is now built, and I was looking for some nice tool storage options.

I spent almost an hour in there and ultimately left without purchasing anything. The longer I was there, the more I felt like I was at a flea market. I don't think there's a single thing in that place made in the U.S. except for the help.

Sorry if that doesn't answer the question, but I don't think I've ever seen such a collection of crap for sale in a retail outlet.

I made my first visit to Harbor Freight Tool yesterday. My worshop is now built, and I was looking for some nice tool storage options.

I spent almost an hour in there and ultimately left without purchasing anything. The longer I was there, the more I felt like I was at a flea market. I don't think there's a single thing in that place made in the U.S. except for the help.

Sorry if that doesn't answer the question, but I don't think I've ever seen such a collection of crap for sale in a retail outlet.

My thoughs exactly. HF tools are out.

If I know I am going to need the tool more than a few times I go to sears if it just an odd tool I go to HF. I have a habit of buying tools on sale even if I dont need them.

they are great for the price if you don't mine braking a knuckle once in awhile but my personal choice is snap-on :rulez:

I have a Mac air ratchet, A NAPA air wrench and an Ingersol Rand 3/8ths air wrench. Be carefull when buying Snapon and Mac, A lot of their air tools are made by other companies. Sometimes you pay extra for the name. I use these tools to make my living and I need the good ones but shop around. For occasional use the harbor frieght ones will probably do just fine.

Back