Air Suspension pissing me off so I want a change

Zrultima

Registered
I have an 2006 Hayabusa extended with Roaring toys air suspension I had a nice air compressor when I originally had it and had to have it replaced 2 times in 4 yrs of owning the bike. I am getting tired of the air suspension not being up to par. So I have decided to remove it I would like to put in a heavy duty spring so I can ride peacefully with a passenger and not have to worry. What else do I need since I am starting from scratch what else would I need to change i can provide pictures for further assistance...

If you go to a heavy spring the shock dampening will need to be adjusted so you don't have to max out the rebound to control the spring on rebound. While I will admit I am anti-stretch unless you are drag racing, I did help a friend out with his. Big problem was that there isn't a lot of hard info on shocks and settings. Ironically the guys at RT helped us out as the people that do the stretches seem to be the only ones who know stuff about springs and dampening for the loads that stretches put on the shock. You might call RT and tell them your problems and what you want to go to. On the other hand that's my experience on one bike. I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here who have a lot of experience with stretching.

Well you could get a used shock off ebay for a Gen1 pretty cheap and then you could send it off to Race Tech and have them revalve / respring it to suit your needs. Or you can buy a used Gen1 shock and ive heard guys switched out the spring on a Gen1 with the spring from a Gen2 busa. They say it's stiffer and makes a difference and probably the cheapest route. Or you could buy an aftermarket rear shock like an Ohlins or Penske. You can have the shock setup when you buy it from most vendors, they'll adjust it based off your weight, bike weight, length etc.

You could spend a few hundred to over a grand depending on which way you want 2 go about it

Well the stiffer spring i Saw at thompson cycles is about 149 is all i need to do is buy the shock?

Can't really answer that question.... that depends on you and if your mechanically inclined and familiar with a busa

Hulk Hogan couldn't compress that spring enough to install it on the shock without a proper spring compressor.

Fifty bucks to replace the spring is a bit spendy, it's takes all of about 3 minutes to do with the proper compressor.

yes I can get a spring compressor from napa the issue is the clearance but is this really all i need the spring and the shock tower?

i got a custom spring for my weight and lenght of swingarm and couldnt be happier. but the local shop had one hell of a time getting it on. dont try it urself its not worth it to get hurt. my bike rides and handles very well

I will be buying the 1400 pd spring and a stock shock tower i dont want to get too custom i weigh 180 my gf 150

make sure the spring is right for ur strech and weight. they are so stiff u will need a shop to fight it. i love mine and works great. i was right at the spring rate cutoff to not need revalved. but if u can just send it to where ur getting the spring down to get mounted and vavled. u will be glad u did

You're missing the price you want to sell your air ride set up for

alright guys bought strut and spring installed is there any write ups on the removal of the strut. The current strut is bottomed out

Back