Air Suspension for the Busa

I had MBP air-ride for bit, if you are a cruiser type rider (as in tourer) not hard twisties then its great, I found under hard load in the twisties it just didnt cut it no matter how much I played with it bottom line is if you want "race" type suspension then conventional spring technology still out performs it by a mile (guess thats why no race bikes have air :) ) but as a normal everyday ride around they are great and they perform well enough in the corners if you dont push it too hard - for a ride around town or tour brilliant and great pose if you into that sort of thing, being able to adjust up and down etc is cool .....just not my type of thing and returned to Ohlins :)

Did you have guages on the BOTH cylinder sides....to know what your psi setting where for the twisties? I do, and set it diff either at the drags, town, or twisties! NO issues here for me?

Sorry about not replying guys I forgot to subscribe to the thread. :banghead: BigRod1300 I read a couple of extensive posts you make on another board and it seems you are the air ride guru, I'm looking for a setup to use for two up riding and the occasional trip to the drag strip. I'm a big guy and with my wife we are maxing out the stock suspension so air ride seemed to be a good idea but how does it behave at the track? I'm thinking strap the front end down and lower the rear with the air ride and it should be an improvement. :idea: But then again I seem to get into trouble when I start thinking.

The dual chamber like Dapincci is great when doing mix of riding...street, twisties, and track. I set it low but a bit stiff at the track...I dont strap at the front like I use to. I get better weight transfer to the rear letting the front pull up some. Thought the air ride is NOT the ideal thing for the track, but for me the occational track runs...it works fine.

Yes for 2^...a dual chamber will better suit you. You can set the hight and then stiffen the rebound to your liking.

Back