Air Shifting newbie question

ssjody

Registered
Hi! Brand new to Busa motors. I'm a motorcycle engine tractor puller and I recently bought a GenII busa powered tractor. I at some point want to add an air shifter and I've always heard that you had to back cut the transmission when adding an air shifter. I've read several posts where others have put air shifters on their bikes but I never read any mention of doing anything to the transmission. Will I have problems later down the road if I do this and don't properly address the transmission?

Works fine on a stock trans. Set kill time to .050 seconds for a stock motor. If you add power, at some level you may need to increase kill time. If you pro street cut the trans (coast side) you can reduce the kill time.

Reactions: c10
Thanks! Good to know! My motor is above stock. How would I determine the kill time based on the amount of mods? Is there something like a HP to kill time ratio to use or something more scientific?

Sorry I have nothing to add, but can you please share pictures of a hayabusa powered tractor with a well modified motor!!?

When it doesn’t shift, add .010 or .020 seconds. It will miss a few shifts here and there. Also, if the tire(s) are spinning they don’t like to shift so you may have problems with your application.

Got it. Thanks for the info. Here's a couple pic's of my tractor(s) The green one is the one with the Hayabusa. The Yellow one has a GSXR 750 Air Cooled motor

rs_08.JPG

pair_04.JPG

That is awesome thanks for sharing! Please share as much as much as you have they are really unique and I dont think ever done on the org before. (Maybe post new thread)

What kind of motor work is done? Those are so cool. You can get an auto box for the shifter as well, if you're allowed that. Where do these events take place?

Back