Air shifters:  co2 or air compressor

night_ryder

Registered
I am going to buy an air shifter soon and I'm not sure which one i should go with. Everyone i know has the air compressor, but i was talking to a guy that has one the other day and he sees nothing wrong with the CO 2. I know that when the bottle runs out, i will have to go get the bottle filled again. Where as the air compressor will fill my bottle. [*]Is one cheaper than the other?
[*]Is one better than the other, as far as accuracy?

Any input would be helpful.

Is one cheaper than the other? They are close in price. Money is typically not a deciding factor.

Is one better than the other, as far as accuracy? Ummm It's a shifter. There are no "Accuracy" issues. All either shifter does is replace your foot while a kill box allows the shift to happen under no load. The accuracy you may be referring to is in the Kill Box. If you have the kill time set wrong you'll mis shifts.

Here's the scoop. Either will work. The CO2 is lighter by 1 pound because of the lack of air compressor, power up switch and wires to the battery. The A/C shifter is more convienient because you know you're not gonna run outta CO2 in the Finals.
Simply put, they both do the same thing for the same money.
You mount the a/c right side over rear brake res and the air tank in the wide part of the right rear tailsection between the skin and the frame. the CO2 bottle goes in the hump for easy access for disconnection and refilling.
Have a well informed 1
Moose

Back