Air Shifter ?

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
If I install an air shifter...can the bike be shifted up and down the gears for normal daily riding - and use the air assist only when needed (racing)? Or, am I stuck with just an upshift racing application?

Nope, it works just like stock, BTW I sell the a top shelf kit, at bargin basement prices.
Matt

200HP - Does your system shift up AND down? or just up and I have to click it down? This looks cool! Also how does it handle the hard second gear shift and the false neutral from 5th to 6th? What I mean is how hard does the ram kick?

It just shifts up for racing. It shifts very quick and very hard with 140psi every time. Provided you have air pressure you will NEVER miss a shift. I missed my first gear last weekend after riding and racing one one bottle of Co2 all spring and summer. I filled it back up and went back about my buisness.
Matt

I had a pingel air shifter on my bus, and it only shifted up when racing. Like 200hp said @ 140psi. I had a mini compressor made by a friend to keep the pressure up at the drag strip. So i never had to fill is manualy. It was litteraly at the flick of a switch which ran off the battery when you turned it on. I had a little guage too so you could know the pressure at all times.
So as you wait in line to do your run. You can charge it there.
It was such a conveince!

The air shifter will be free to move manually when it is armed. I will only operate one way UP or DOWN PUSH or PULL so no it wont do both. I dont recomend the use of the air shifter for daily riding. Even though the BUSA has stainless undercut gears it would prob damage it with enough abuse. I run the MRE JR at the strip.

You could redneck it and hold up on the shifter and when it hits the rev limiter it will jump up into the next gear (ouch)
It will work but you have to go through about 1000 rpm of flat spot. The ideal shift is 10600 to 10800. I think the limiter on mine is about 11500 or so.

If I understand right i can use this has a daily driver if the system is not armed - and it wont hurt the air shifter. Is the CO2 application smaller or better than the std. bottle include with the kit (any advantages)? I'm looking at the MPS with the programmable shift.

Matt - how can I get pricing from you?

McyMike

You are correct about the way this works. The Co2 kit is the way to go. Race all summer and not worry about air. I could sell it to you either way, but I sell alot of Co2 conversion kits to guys fed up with leaky compressors and air tanks. Check out the link to Psyhobike. everything is there. Prices, pictures, etc...

Back