Air shifter price/help?

nharding

Registered
I need help trying to figure out how much these air shifter parts are worth. The parts are off a friends old drag bike, he wants me to make an offer but I'm new to this stuff so I don't know what to give for it.

I attached a picture of what is included.

Also what else would I need to make it a complete kit? Thanks for the help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303828229.164024.jpg

if your looking to buy ,, you need to make sure you have the silenoid, and the kill box to kill your fuel and spark

mounting brackets , hose and fittings and that should be it ! i think

i would not buy it unless you can get it dirt cheap
from what i see you still need the kill box and thats i little over 100$
and you need an air compressor to fill the bottle i do see a switch for the hit but thats no good they make a harness that turns your horn bottun into the shift gears hit

just get ahold of greg at boostbysmith.com - Home

i would not buy it unless you can get it dirt cheap
from what i see you still need the kill box and thats i little over 100$
and you need an air compressor to fill the bottle i do see a switch for the hit but thats no good they make a harness that turns your horn bottun into the shift gears hit

just get ahold of greg at boostbysmith.com - Home

Thanks for the input. What would you consider dirt cheap for these? I'll hit up Greg tomorrow.

last bottle I bought was $20 bucks used, the ram would have to be pretty free but they are a $10-$20 item, the air switching valve is only $35-40 new from grainger, air line is cheap. Like the others said, the money is the kill box and fittings. Air fittings are about $3-$10 each for quick couplers and you need several plus a gauge somewhere. $50 shipped for what is there for a friend because freight ain't cheep.

less the bottle...what you have there you can get from Grainger brand new for under $40.

Thanks for looking those up for me. I'll try to do some more research and if you don't mind maybe run a parts list by you to see what you think.

I just found a 3000psi paintball tank in my closet I never used. What parts would it take to be able to use it? And would anyone recommend using it?

I attached a couple pictures of it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303939383.026044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303939410.895358.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303939441.801314.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303939472.293577.jpg

I use a paint ball tank on mine...but only a 9oz..and use a regulator.

I got my bottles at Academy for $20 filled

IMG_0102 (2).jpg

How many shifts do you get out of the 9oz? And where did you get your regulator?

suppose to be around 300. I have only used it at the TX Mile and playing around. Did 11 passes at the mile...so theres 55 shifts.

The regulator came with the used Muzzy shift kit I bought. I took it off the other bottle and got the ASA off Ebay.

Back