Air Shifter Co2 Tank/bottle Bracket For Gen 2?

Mikew777

Registered
I have a co2 air shifter. I want to put the tank/bottle in the tail section. I would like to mount it to the crossbar back there if possible. What are you guys doing with yours? I am using 4 oz tank.
Any ideas would be helpful!

Sorry to ask so many questions but did you do this withe tail section on? Is it in the storage area or outside between there and the tail section?

here's bad pic

20150731_115721.jpg

Looking at the picture you can prob mount the bracket inside the tailsection and just tap 2 holes to the side of the subframe

I know this is old but this what i ended up making to mount it. Didn't have to modify the trunk area at all. The mount is milled at an angle to allow it to lean like it does to the bottle.
A set screw in the front and rear. Hose clamp in the front and rear. Shouldn't go anywhere and no one sees it with the cowl on!!!

air-mount.JPG.jpeg

I know this is old but this what i ended up making to mount it. Didn't have to modify the trunk area at all. The mount is milled at an angle to allow it to lean like it does to the bottle.
A set screw in the front and rear. Hose clamp in the front and rear. Shouldn't go anywhere and no one sees it with the cowl on!!!

View attachment 1573265
I really like how it's hidden within the cowl!!! That's how I want to do mine. Couple questions do you have to have the kill switch with these air shifters? Or is that with nitrous only? I wasn't sure if u could have Co2 bottle, fittings, cylinder, hose and harnes to horn button. Sorry if that was a dumb question

I really like how it's hidden within the cowl!!! That's how I want to do mine. Couple questions do you have to have the kill switch with these air shifters? Or is that with nitrous only? I wasn't sure if u could have Co2 bottle, fittings, cylinder, hose and harnes to horn button. Sorry if that was a dumb question

I have a wiring harness from boost by smith. It is awesome. Plug and play. Uses the ecu to do the kill(ecu has to be flashed). He also sells a harness set up to flash your own ecu. Or a lot of people flash them on here for $. I personally like having the harness to flash so I can do any tweets without paying someone to do it. Horn button is the shift button. I do have a flip switch to change back to horn when on the street. Also from boost by smith. I can't say enough nice things about Greg smith. Anyone that buys from him he helps with the best customer service!!!

My air shift set up is from cycle tek. I don't think Matt is making them anymore but you can find them elsewhere or research buying parts to make your own set up. Matt is awesome too if he is still making them I highly recommend him.

If you get all of the parts to set up the shifter and use the harness from boost by smith is it a very clean set up and I highly recommend it.

Back