Air shifter and Pair removal question

sully

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone had luck mounting the air tank for an airshifter out of sight anywhere other than under the hump, no room left there on my bike? Thompson custom cycle called today to let me know that the airtank in my new swingarm will not hold air so i need some ideas. Seems to me that they would build another arm and re-do the air tank for me but they said it would just be a $75 discount and good luck.

As for the pair valve question, what side effects would not pluggin off the two rubber hoses cause? I think i forgot to do it a while back when i pulled the pair valve and didn't feel like taking it all apart to find out until i did the next oil change. Seems to me that it won't really hurt anything but a second opinion would be nice.

Thanks

1. Could mount air shifter to subframe or ride underneath the undertail...
biggrin.gif

2. I am trying to think of what hoses you are talking about. If you completely removed the PAIR, I am thinking the only plug that was necessary was on the airbox... If you haven't plugged it, I would plug it...

the two hoses that go back up toward the airbox, i got to thinking the other day and don't remember blocking them off. Just trying to be lazy for a minute and wait until need to do an oil change. Will this cause any noticeable HP loss?

try the right side of the tail section beside the outside of the subframe.

the two hoses that go back up toward the airbox, i got to thinking the other day and don't remember blocking them off.  Just trying to be lazy for a minute and wait until need to do an oil change.  Will this cause any noticeable HP loss?
I doubt any HP loss, although you are sucking in hot air from the engine compartment... ;)

What did you do, just the block-off plates only... ?

I have done this mod several times before and since i did mine but i think that i just plain forgot to go back to the airbox to cap the inlets. Stupid mistake and is something that i could only do on my own bike, never take the time to double check myself on my ride. It doesn't seem to have any negative impact on anything so i planned to wait but wanted someone elses opinion.

Thanks

I'll try to fit the tank on the subframe, it fit there on my GSXR600 but i didn't think it would work there on the busa. Gotta keep the storage area clear for the Nitrous system and progressive controller that are comming next.

2 screws on the tank ,pop it up and you can tak care of one air line .not sure if you can get 2 the 2nd from there.

what do you guys use to plug the hose's???
i am gonna be doin this mod in the next few days.
i have the block off plates and the gskets already didnt know about bloking off hoses tho:blush:

what do you guys use to plug the hose's???
i am gonna be doin this mod in the next few days.
i have the block off plates and the gskets already didnt know about bloking off hoses tho:blush:
I spent $40 and just got the BDE setup which came with a little rubber cap to put over the hole on the airbox... I know the cheaper ones just come with the plates...

I would just go to the hardware store and look for something that you could make work to plug it... It wouldn't take that much looking to find something that will work just fine... ;)

CLoud

Back