Air shift trouble

dragonbusa

Registered
Having trouble with my air shift, It wont make the 1-2, It makes 3-4 4-5 5-6 just fine. It will foot shift just fine 1-2. Also it will make the 1-2 under light load but when i drop the hammer out of the hole it wont make the 1-2. what hell?:banghead: Any thoughts?

how do you have the ram mounted?

you might have to adjust the throw or kill time on the mps box....

how do you have the ram mounted?

you might have to adjust the throw or kill time on the mps box....

thanks for the reply, this system worked perfect for two years as is. I"ve always ran 150-160 psi. i pumped it up to 200psi this morning and it shifted 3 times 1-2 great, when the presser dropped below 150psi same problem.

1-2 is the longest throw the shifter makes, check your linkage to be sure nothing has backed off. Check your lines for leaks, and make sure nothing has gotten bound up in the shifter. When I put mine back together after having the rearsets powdercoated, I tightened the shift rod up too tight and it wouldn't shift out of gear at all. Loosened it up a bit and it's fine now.

co2?

that kinda psi sounds high,on My regular air I go to 120psi,never missed a beat and my ram,and compressor are off my oil cooled gsxr over 10 years old!!

ram mounted off the mm bolt and the solenoid right behind the frame,and the mps to the left all the way shortest time 50 mils

make sure nothings binding,make sure the throw is good thew all the gears (with the motor off on rear stand by hand)..I actually made a longer clevis so I can run my shifter low..i would also play with the kill time..depending on where you have the solenoid mounted?

Last edited:
Back