Air ride problem/ Compressor

Zrultima

Registered
hello guys I am in need of some Desperate help I have an 2006 Busa with air ride I recently took my bike into service for a chain and sprocket. When i recieved a call that while he was adjusting my chain he had to lower my air ride after he lowered it it wouldnt come up. I advised if there was any air escaping he advised no he didnt hear any. I went to the shop to look at the bike and to my horror the bike was slammed all the way down. I can hear the compressor working but the bike wont lift any suggestions??

Where should i start troubleshooting I dont want to ride the bike like this it wont me when i go over bumps and its my only transportation since i have a jeep that broke down

Does it have any pressure at all? Is there a gauge? Or is an electrical thing?

Start tracing the air lines from the compressor to the tank.

Then from the tank to the actuator, and so on....

You might have to spray some soapy water on it.

There is a gauge on it which i replaced because the gauge was stuck at 40 psi i changed to a new one ill check it when i get there as far as the air lines i dont hear any leaks and the thing is the bike is slammed and i cant really see under the tail

Best of luck, don't know the system. If you have an air supply you could connect it directly to the bag or shock and see if it works, then work your way back to see where the problem is. Just because a compressor is running doesn't mean it's making air.

You've got to be good with the soap and water. A bad leak will blow it away without making bubbles. Depending on the noise you might not hear a leak. If the air is released through a solenoid valve you could have trash on the seat.

Well if you can direct me on that Dadofthree just so i can lift it i would greatly appreciate it so i can keep it suspended i have an air compressor at my job

Well if you can direct me on that Dadofthree just so i can lift it i would greatly appreciate it so i can keep it suspended i have an air compressor at my job
Like I said I don't know the system, but there should be a line on the bag or shock. Disconnect it and hook up your shop compressor directly to it and see if it's blown or works. Don't over pressurize it. If it works there I might disconnect the bike compressor and connect the shop compressor to see if the system works. If it does that points to the compressor as the problem. Just using common sense here. Don't know anything about these systems.

check where the gauge is connnected first since you said you replaced it, it could be faulty and leaking air from there, also if the compressor is separate from the air shock disconnect the line and make a fitting to go to a air line but put a shut off valve on it to control it and try raising it that way. If it goes up when you add air then its not the shock itself, from there i would make a sealed loop out of the air system and supply air to it through a shutoff and a gauge and watch the gauge to see if there is any leaks if you lose pressure then you have an air leak and the same with the pressure i would plumb the compressor into a closed sealed circuit with a gauge on it so you can see how much pressure its putting out. That way you can make sure your putting out enough pressure to lift the bike.

ok def sign that the cylinder is blown, is that if u manually raise the bike, say put it on a rear wheel stand and place a jack under the bike. as u come up the rear suspension should stay on the stand but if as u come up the rear wheel acts like its on a strut, then basically piston in cylinder locked up. or i could just b wrong completely lol. naw but that should help a lil bit.

Well guys got it fixed by a friend shop the compressor was working but was not blowing air replace the compressor it now works

Back