Air pressure combo

dewie

Registered
Hey guys,
At the end of the month I have a road trip into the mountians for 4 wonderfull days :thumbsup:

Around here there is not much for corners so I run the air pressure at 42psi in both front and rear and on race days I drop the rear down to 15psi :race:

what is a good combo for air pressure's for the twisties? I'm 205lbs w/o gear and won't have a whole pile of cargo on me. I have heard MANY different combo's from other riders but I wanted to see what my Canyon Curvers say.

Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

plenty of things to take into consideration but I could not see anything below 38

What tires? What the air temp where you will be riding?

Those are two things to keep in mind. I run my BT015 and BT016 tires at 37f/38r for spirited mountain riding. The tires are wearing well, and the grip is outstanding.

The type and brand of tire will plat a huge factor in the pressures.

Enjoy your trip! :beerchug:

What tires? What the air temp where you will be riding?

Those are two things to keep in mind. I run my BT015 and BT016 tires at 37f/38r for spirited mountain riding. The tires are wearing well, and the grip is outstanding.

The type and brand of tire will plat a huge factor in the pressures.

Enjoy your trip! :beerchug:

Good point, the drag racing should have gave it away, Shinko 003 stock size's. They will be brand new for the trip. They are very soft and sticky but I'm told from the road coarse guys they don't have the best lean angle. I know there are better tires out there for this kinda thing so lets not go there.

As far as air temp it will range from 50f to 90f in a day depending on the elevation.

How far do you plan on riding? The Viper Sports I played with last year didn't go nearly as far as I expected, but the grip was outstanding.

Shinko + spirited twisties? could = bad news... careful there...

How far do you plan on riding? The Viper Sports I played with last year didn't go nearly as far as I expected, but the grip was outstanding.

The Shinkos do wear fast, but it should only be putting on 3-4000k's in the 4 days. The tire life should be good. it's the pressure I'm wondering about.

Bogus, have you had any experiance with the Shinkos?? I'm just trying to soak in all the info I can and learn from others..

Back