Air in Front Brake Lines

wrlamkin

Registered
I am having a terrible time removing the air from my front brakes. I have tried speed bleeders, pumping and opening the valve and a vaccum system, I am still getting a ton of air, any suggustions?

keep trying get a small glass filled with brake fluid and run a piece of tubing into the glass connected where the bleeder is so when you release the lever it sucks in fluid and not air most important be patient.

The way the calipers are situated, the air rises to the top, where the bleed screw is.
I used to take hundreds of pumps to get the fluid to start coming out. Now I crack open both bleeders and just keep filling the reservoir, and gravity pulls it down. Once fluid starts to come out of the bleed screw, close both screws and pull your brake lever back slowly and you will feel the resistance of the fluid you are pimping.
Then: One side at a time:
Bleed screw in tight, pull the brake lever in and hold, open and the shut the bleed screw and then let out the brake lever. Fill the reservoir if needed. Repeat.
If you do not keep the top reservoir at least 1/2 full at all times, air will get it.
And yes, lots of patience. Are you sure it is air? Sometimes when it squirts out it looks like it has air in it, but it could be just the spray?
If you changed lines or had them off they may not be sealing and letting air in at the copper washers.
Careful they strip easy. 16.5 foot ponds from the manual.
Good luck

Mike A

Don't forget when doing the final bleeding start at caliper furthest away.

I have a 2005 GSXR1000 radial master cylinder, with a bleeder in it.
It's nice to be able toget the last bit of air off at that point.

lurk.gif

Back