Air Bypass Screws??

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Bob, take a look at these pages for the location of the air jets 4-61 and 4-63.

They look like an air jet that would be similar to a carburator.

I hope this is what you are looking for, but I do not see that there is an adjustment to them?

Is the manual supplement available to the public or just a dealer publication?

I was reading the Suzuki "New Model Technical Update Seminar Manual" and came across something i do not know. Hope someone on the site can help.
It has to do with the Throttle body Synch. After removing your air cleaner box and reconnecting your IAP, IAT sensors, and pluging the hose for your flapper.
IT states " Check and set, if necessary, the air bypass screws to one and one half turns out from the lightly seated setting."??
Where are the screws??

The update also gave a little more on the TPS setting procedure. Not a big deal though. After setting the dash on your LCD to the middle at 1150 rpm. It says that the top bar should display when engine is at 2000 rpm or higher.

Other tidbits:
Cam timing:
Intake open BTDC 32 degrees
Intake close ABTC 64 degrees
Exhaust open BBDC 49 degrees
Exhaust close ATDC 30 degrees
If I did this right that means the Intake center is 103 degrees and the exhaust 99 degrees. I would like to set these cams up at maybe 105 intake and certainly higher on the Exhaust side. Time to check the specs from Kawabuser's post on the Yosh cams.

"Pintle" fuel injectors are used unlike the TLR's and GSXR's. This means one output hole at the tip instead of two. A FOG like spray leaves this type of injector.

Clutch Capacity is higher for the BUSA. The Busa's is 150 mm in diameter and can handle 34 kgf.m The GSXR750 25 kgf.m and TLR 28 kgf.m
The power assist/back torque limiting feature has higher pressure plate force than the TL1000SV clutch. The back torque feature has less pressre plate release than the TL1000SV clutch. Meaning--grabs harder on acceleration and less on deceleration.

Clutch plate thickness and order:
A. drive plate number one. thickness 3.0mm x 8 plates
B. Drive plate number 2 thick. 3.8mm x 2 plates
C. DRIVEN plate number 1 thick. 2.0mm x 7 plates
D. DRIVEN plate number 2 thick. 2.3mm x 2 plates
The stacked plates should measure 50.2 plus or minus 0.5mm when stacked with 5 kg on top of them.

They claim that the chain was made special for for this bike. 1 gram lighter per link (112 links total) plate yet same strenght as a race chain. In the notes section in bold it states DO NOT USE a standard 530 chain on a GSX1300R. I know a lot of you will disagree.

Ignition: The ign system is controlled by maps based on throttle position, engine rpm, and gear position with additional input from the coolant sensor. An ignition map is provided for the first and fourth cylinders, and another for the second and third cylinders, plus a separate map for each gear-a total of 8 maps.
SPARK DURATION-500-600 micro second GSXR750 and TLR 100 microsecond. The BUSA has 8 reluctor bars machined on the outer diameter of the generator rotor instead of only 4 like the TLR or 750. This means quicker reaction to changes in rpm. (crank position sensor)

Drag coefficient or CdA is .270 smoothest ever for Suzuki. The GSXR750 is 8% worse their next best though.

SMOG PUMP or PAIR--Fresh introduced into exhaust to continue burning Hydrocarbons. Reduces HC and CO by 50%
DOES NOT USE ANY ENGINE POWER!!

Connecting rod length 119.5mm, combustion chamber volume 18.8 cc.

Enough already. I thought i would give a little information in exchange for an answer to my question.
Bob

Bob I sure hope someone will help you.

THANK YOU- for answering the connecting rod question (length) and all the other tid bits there. VERY GOOD

Bob
Where did you get this "Technical Seminar Update Manual" and how do I get one? Are there technical seminars that the mechanically knowledgeable members of the public can get into?

Thanx Lyle lrussel@newholland.com

Thanks for responses. I just got back in town and will look tonight into the manual pages listed.
The tech seminar is for mechanics that work at dealers. They also list videos/tools. I will see if I can order the fuel injection video (#22) through my mech/friend.

I suppose I could copy the manual, it covers all Suzuki's. The Busa section is approx. 30 pages. I owe some of you big time for help in the past and will copy a few, but I don't think I will make and send 20 copies out.

Bob

Thanks for the great info Bob. Interesting about the difference in clutch pressure. That is why the TLR guys are putting the pink stripe ('Busa) springs in their clutches.

Kawabuser--I looked at the pages 4-61 & 4-63. I can not find those air Jets after a quick at the Bike. Anyone else know where they are? Maybe what they do? Must let air bleed into the T. Body I guess. I will ask the dealer while they put my cam tensioner in, while I wait.
Doubt they will know either though.
Bob

BOB,I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT SOME 1300'S CAME WITH A FUEL PUMP COOLING FAN. THIS WAS FOUND IN A EARLY RELEASE 1999 TECH BOOKLET BEFORE THEY EVEN CAME OUT,I GOT IT FROM MY MECHANIC WHERE I WORK AT.

No Luck. I did not remove the Throttle bodies and probably will not.
The reason I am looking into to this is because my Hicup is back!! For reasons you know I do not want to post too much more other than that. I have a couple of ideas, but the parts cost seriuos money and I am not absolutely certain. I wish I had two Busa's because then I could swap IAP, TPS, and ECM's one at time to isolate the problem.
Bob

Every vacuum line and tee has been leak tested. If you mean did I see the air Bypass screws near them I did not. TB's are in SYNC. as well
Bob

BOB,THE PULL VACCUM LINES OFF WHERE YOU CHECK FOR SYNC.THOSE ARE THE AIR JETS. ONE IS CAPPED AND THE OTHER IS CONNECTED TO THE REST OF THE THROTTLE BODIES.I'M LOOKING AT THE MANUAL.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
When putting the T.B,'s in sync. i remove the number 1 & 4 vacuum hoses and remove the caps from 2 & 3. Thats where the four hoses from the adjuster go (mercury tubes). I did not see any type of adjusting screws or air bypass screws there. I will look again when i get a chance if you have found them.
I also have a manual, but I did not see the air bypass screws when i looked on the bike.
Bob

Bob I think that Busa is talking about the same parts I found in the manual at the above listed pages.

Busa are they adjustable? air jets in a carb are metered by the passage size and are sold in values(17.5, 18,etc)I remember this from the days of smoothbores.

The parts that are shown in the pictures and the ones Busa describe do not appear to be somthing that you would screw in or out.

Back