Air box questions.

kickinit

Registered
I just changed my air filter on my new USED bike, these are some things I ran into.

Ok whats the hole for at the bottom center of the airbox (about the size of a silver dollar)? Mine has duck tape over it.

Also the hose on the back of the airbox going into the gearbox was also disconnected--- Any reason for that?

Someone has modified the bike. Haven't kept up with the airbox mods on the Gen II. Do a search on airbox and see what pops up.

thats where the vacuum diaphragm was for the air box flapper..i would do something better that duct tape for that hole? glue a plastic piece in there or i just disconnected mine after doing small air box mod and left it in there with the vacuum line plugged.

I didn't put the duct tape, but there is no reason really for the hole or should I put it back together correctly?

I didn't put the duct tape, but there is no reason really for the hole or should I put it back together correctly?

Check out the airbox mods and make your decision. You might have a 95% completed mod that just needs that finishing touch.

Ok I just found out, I have at least most of the pair mod off and the airbox has been modded half ash so I will finish and clean it up.

I have a question, when I popped up the gas tank I thought maybe I pulled the hose to the gearbox to the air box, so I reconnect it to my airbox (thinking it was connected before, but good chance its just been sitting there), so this can give me an oil leak?????

The hose doesn't go to the gearbox,, it goes to the 'crankcase vent'. Not connecting that back up to the air box may cause oil to be pushed out into your lower case areas. Connect it back up to the middle inlet to the air box and you should be good.

The hose doesn't go to the gearbox,, it goes to the 'crankcase vent'. Not connecting that back up to the air box may cause oil to be pushed out into your lower case areas. Connect it back up to the middle inlet to the air box and you should be good.

But since my bike has the airbox mod, hooking it up would in fact allow NO VENTING correct?

Back