air box modifications

flitemedic13

Registered
can u guys help me out with all of what goes into doing an "air box modification"....if you do the PAIR removal and block off, do you have to do the air box mod or vice versa? and is it ok to do the mod with an aftermarket air filter? what gains is there by doing it and how do you do it? any pics on your air box mod? i was gonna get one on ebay but didnt know what all was involved in doing it and if they did it right, or even the theory behind why you do it....thanks

Don't forget to do the .

This will help eliminate any additional stumble due to improper readings generated from low-speed engine heat.

Relocating it to the ram-air gives it proper ambient air thus allowing the sensors to read appropriately.

Mods;

Small Airbox Cut-Away
Pair Valve Removal
Block off tabs
AITS Relocation
Muzzy Fan
Manual Fan Switch
Honda Temp Sensor (10 Deg Celsious lower kick in)
Better mixed Coolant (ie., exmpl, Prestone Dex-Cool(50%) Distilled Water (40%) Red-Line Water Wetter (10%) )

To answer you questions;

1) If you do the PAIR removal and block off, do you have to do the air box mod or vice versa?

No, but the Pair Removal/Block Off mod is used primarily to prevent back fire when after installing an after market exhaust system.

2) Is it ok to do the mod with an after market air filter?  what gains is there by doing it and how do you do it?

Yes. You can use and aftermarket air filter with or without the block off mod. Gains with or without are marginal either way with just looking at the block off as the point of focus.

3) Any pics on your air box mod?

sweet...huge help guys....hey i noticed that in the article on cutting out the flap he states that u will lose a lil torque in lower rpms but that is corrected with a Power Commander, is that accurate and is there still an overall gain in lowers? seems that its very benificial to do this easy mod for higher speeds huh?

TRE should correct that.
cool.gif

thats what i had thought too...but i guess this mod in conjuction with PAIR removal and BMC race should potentiate each other and come out with a lil more HP than just with that alone right? do u know if its ever been proven to boost HP at all on dyno?

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086972759 -->

Nothing on the dyno, but there are three good ways of checking for more ponies. The cheapest being your butt. Feel the power, I did this mod along with punching my exhaust and holely crap its awe some.

Back