Air box mod (differences)

rfalexandre

Registered
Hello everyone,

Been reading topics here for nearly 6 months, but this is my first topic.

I've been reading a lot on air box mod. Heard about the small and the normal mod. I would like to know what are the differences between both mods and what are the pros and cons of them. I'm about to do that mod, checked on Brock's website but don't know if it's the small or normal mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
small mod takes away a little down low but gives you more up top not sure bout large i think its for large displacement bikes

Welcome to the board. Nice looking bike.
smile.gif

small mod takes away a little down low but gives you more up top not sure bout large i think its for large displacement bikes
thats what I've heard also, not really sure about the "large" mod.

Haven't heard anything to convince me to do a airbox mod.

I did it and dont feel any differnece. I think its good for 1 hp
wink.gif

Welcome and nice ride..I'm afaid to do either one as I don't want to disrupt my smoothness that I have now for alittle bit 'O' gain That I might get in return..Also afraid of the dreaded surge that I might incure..Who Knows..Just not worth it to me..And thats just my .02
wink.gif

I did Brocks air box mod. My bike runs smooth no surges or anything, but your bike must be mapped for an air box mod or you will gets some surge. I'm not sure how much just the box mod picked me up because I did it, the pipe, PCIIIR, and pair block offs at the same time.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111556292 -->

Did my 04 with the following:

RS3 Race
PCIII
Large Airbox mod

Got this in the end...

So it looks like I picked up quite a it over stock with only these 3 mods! Lost all my low end grunt though...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|stevew
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112343309 -->

busadynorun.jpg

Hello everyone,

Been reading topics here for nearly 6 months, but this is my first topic.

I've been reading a lot on air box mod.  Heard about the small and the normal mod.  I would like to know what are the differences between both mods and what are the pros and cons of them.  I'm about to do that mod, checked on Brock's website but don't know if it's the small or normal mod.

Here's a pic of my baby
scream2.jpg
Nice looking bike...

I wanted to do the airbox mod myself; ...But I dont think it really helps you add HP to the bike... so i dropped the idea

Back