Air BAgs for bikes ?

So at a high speed you still are going to go flying through the air.

Right
rock.gif

Those are some impressive results! In that scenerio the air bags is definately a life saver!
Even if you do go flying, the airbags will deflect you from getting in a fight with the windshield handlebars and instrument cluster while slowing your ejection speed somewhat ( Every 1/2 mph helps!)

cool.gif

How about air bag gear?? Attached a monitor to the bike and if something goes wrong your gear puffs up.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 07 2006,10:15)
cool.gif

How about air bag gear??  Attached a monitor to the bike and if something goes wrong your gear puffs up.
Now that's an idea........
You might look like the michelin man bouncing down the road! I think it would work..................

That airbag gives an all new meaning to the word "tankbag".

They do make one. Its a vest that goes over your suit of leather jacket. A local shop carries them. The vest is teathered to the bike. Once you and the bike are detached, there are CO2 cartiridges that go off in the vest and POOF. I have a friend who runs one and races. Everyone on the track is waiting for him to bite it so they can see the results.
smile.gif

(Big E @ Sep. 07 2006,08:36) They do make one.  Its a vest that goes over your suit of leather jacket.   A local shop carries them.  The vest is teathered to the bike.  Once you and the bike are detached,  there are CO2 cartiridges that go off in the vest and POOF.   I have a friend who runs one and races.  Everyone on the track is waiting for him to bite it so they can see the results.  
smile.gif
I hope he never uses it... but it would be cool to see one in action.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 07 2006,07:15)
cool.gif

How about air bag gear??  Attached a monitor to the bike and if something goes wrong your gear puffs up.
They have already gotten that system. But, when they brought it here from Germany, our Wonderful Lawyers and Insurance companies were going to charge (Product Lie-ability) so much, it made them impractical to sell. So, I guess the Insurance industry and Lawyers think it's better NOT to have them if THEY can't make a million $$$$$ out of it  
mad.gif

I have a video of a "air bag jacket" being tested. There is no information with the video but it kind of speaks for itself. The new gold wings are coming standard with an air bag now for frontal collisions... i think its a matter of time before most if not all bikes have some kind of air bag on them.

Heard the Goldpig will have a retractable roof and windshield wipers next year! Steve McQueen would vomit in his grave over this one!

so just wondering    if I hypatheticly was doing say 170 ish would the bag deploy before or after I launched off the bike (kinda like wich came first the chicken or the egg)

why not put outside air bags for all the cagers that run into us on thier vehicles?

Lets convert the enitre planet to nerf. An airbag on a motorcycle... I'm not against new and inventive safety ideas but how far back do you bounce once it is deployed? or is there a passive restraint system that is activated to keep you there... What would irritate me the most would be all the people that ride around with this new safety feature in shorts and flip flops with no helmet... Still I guess it is cool that they are looking to protect riders.
E

Their has been Air Bags on bikes for years they are called WIVES...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back