Ahhhhh Spring Little League Baseball

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Here is the discussion as it played out with my son... (the condensed version)

Me ( Hey son it's spring time and little league sign up is this weekend do you want to play baseball? It's a great sport and you can have lot's of fun and see some of you friends from school.

Son ( No dad I think that I will just play the WII and have fun watching movies this summer

Me ( Come on son it will be fun... Baseball was good for me when I was a kid... You will learn how to throw, catch and hit the ball...

Son ( Ok dad if you want me to, I trust you that this will be fun..

FAST FORWARD 4 WEEKS

First practice with his friends on the field, first hour of practice!

One big fat lip....... Are we having fun yet?

SEE ATTACHED

tristan-1st-baseball-practice-09 010.jpg

tristan-1st-baseball-practice-09 010.jpg

Last edited:
Chicks dig scars ;)

Tell him it'll be OK...

Sorry to see, though...

I got hit in the eye with a ball once.. Never played again lol.. Started messing with motorcycles,, so much safer

Ouch!!! I had fun watching baseball last year; the teens in Little League kick all forms of butt and it is a thrill to see...

Poor Sam played last year and just had a run of bad luck during one game; he was hit in the face, chest, arm...he was a mess :(

This year, he just wants to play soccer :thumbsup:

Dang.. My son is getting ready for Baseball and I know those balls are hard (and grounders tend to bounce up at the worse time.)

Looks like a champ for hanging in there! :thumbsup:

Are we having fun yet ? I'm sure he'll be alright and like Omar said chicks love that stuff.

Just signed one up for softball last week. :thumbsup:

OH yeah...had plenty of those growing up and even still now. I play college baseball and as a catcher, catching for guys who throw low-mid 90's...it's NOT fun blocking a ball with your bicep or taking one in the gut. I have an orange sized dark as night bruise on my right arm as I'm typing this from a foul ball I took 3 days ago.

Don't let the fear get the best of your boy...don't force him to keep playing if he doesn't want to either!! Good luck

Haha, (not laughing at your son but my own experience)

I haven't played baseball since mid highschool (although I umpired after that)

And I just joined a co-ed adult softball league. We had our first game on Tuesday.

It was SO MUCH fun to be out playing a sport again.

Late in the game (I was playing left field) I had a hard fly ball hit my way.

Full sprint and 100% extended dive I made a youtube worthy grab, but on impact it popped out.

The grass was wet and my fully extended arms didn't stop my momentum (I weight a bit more than I did in school haha) and I badly injured both shoulders.

I have barely been able to lift my arms this week. All good fun, and I'll just have to rehab at the gym.

He's good with it.. He got some attention at school today so he is OK now.

Back