Against my better judgement

BBMykey

Donating Member
Registered
I seldom use the GoPro that was given to me as a gift. Today I made a rear facing mount and tried it out. I never wondered what happened to the people I pass or to those that pass me. Today I found out. I took out 7 stills covering 18 seconds.
I hesitate to post up because although this a great board and I learned everything I know about the Hayabusa from it, it is my opinion that some here are a little intolerant of those like me with differing views. (leather pants etc).
Anyways lovers will love and haters will hate. That's just the nature of things.
I see the first two pics loaded in reverse order. Check the time in the upper left.

Picture20.jpg

Picture21.jpg

Picture22.jpg

Picture23.jpg

Picture24.jpg

Picture25.jpg

Picture26.jpg

He's whipped? If I saw you in my mirrors I'd also let you 'win'. And I don't ride a smaller less powerful Kawasaki. The rear view looked good though.

Just wondering does a double yellow mean no overtaking either way ?

It does in CA. Some exceptions would for passing slow farm equipment or bicycles. Otherwise it's an infraction of the vehicle code, (lower than a misdemeanor) a citable offense but not an arrestable offense.

He's whipped? If I saw you in my mirrors I'd also let you 'win'. And I don't ride a smaller less powerful Kawasaki. The rear view looked good though.
The stills don't show what the movie does because the camera is pointing backwards. When he first appears in the picture is when I pass him. Leading up to this I was behind him, trying to pass but the filming didn't show it because the camera is pointing in the opposite direction. On this road 50% allow you to pass and 50% don't and force you to go into the middle of the opposing lane to pass. I was behind him patiently for a while waiting but he was one of the ones who won't pull over. If you are behind anyone who is preventing you from riding at your desired pace your only choice is to pass against their will or the rest of your ride will be spoiled.

It does in CA. Some exceptions would for passing slow farm equipment or bicycles. Otherwise it's an infraction of the vehicle code, (lower than a misdemeanor) a citable offense but not an arrestable offense.
Do farm equipment and bicycles count as a "kill"?

The stills don't show what the movie does because the camera is pointing backwards. When he first appears in the picture is when I pass him. Leading up to this I was behind him, trying to pass but the filming didn't show it because the camera is pointing in the opposite direction. On this road 50% allow you to pass and 50% don't and force you to go into the middle of the opposing lane to pass. I was behind him patiently for a while waiting but he was one of the ones who won't pull over. If you are behind anyone who is preventing you from riding at your desired pace your only choice is to pass against their will or the rest of your ride will be spoiled.

What is this "passing against their will" crap? I'm not against passing safely over the double yellows but what if he or she was just out for a ride and you or any other bike was the last thing on their mind? Hell, even bicycles have full lane privileges on the country two lanes around here. BTW, if cited, crossing over costs around $300 in San Mateo Co. If you see me, just don't pass me on the right side no matter what my lane position is. You may be the last thing on my mind as well and I don't like surprises.

Back