Aftermarket windscreens choice

MooseBusa contact JGOODSON 1960 if you are interested in the Puig windscreen look for his post above your first post!

<!--EDIT|ZEUS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116703075 -->

MooseBusa contact JGOODSON 1960 if you are interested in the Puig windscreen look for his post above your first post!
There is a MAJOR difference between the PUIG Racing screen and the Touring screen.

If anyone knows of a source that can obtain a PUIG Touring screen, please post it.

Thanks

I bought the Sportech V screen and love it! I'm also 6'2" and it puts the wind in the perfect spot for me.

(But I do like the looks of that iridium screen...)

I had the Vflow which was really nice. Very tight fit though. It ended up shattering on the move South(long story), I just bought a Puig and I love it. I'm only 5'9" so it works well for me and the fit was like a glove. Thick material so it's not flimsy. If you need pics I can post both kinds if I can find the v-flow.

Wayne

There is a MAJOR difference between the PUIG Racing screen and the Touring screen.

If anyone knows of a source that can obtain a PUIG Touring screen, please post it.

Thanks
good luck with that. Last week Cycle Screens (one of Puig's distributors in the US) gave me the scoop on the touring screens: basically, Puig last did a production run of that screen about two years ago, and haven't made any since. It didn't meet their sales targets, so there are no plans to do another run, effectively discontinuing the product. They would need a sizable order from buyers to consider making more. There's probably a few still out there (Cycle Screens had one in black, but I wasn't interested in a near-opaque screen), but there most likely won't be any more.

Thanks
good luck with that. Last week Cycle Screens (one of Puig's distributors in the US) gave me the scoop on the touring screens:  basically, Puig last did a production run of that screen about two years ago, and haven't made any since. It didn't meet their sales targets, so there are no plans to do another run, effectively discontinuing the product.  They would need a sizable order from buyers to consider making more.  There's probably a few still out there (Cycle Screens had one in black, but I wasn't interested in a near-opaque screen), but there most likely won't be any more.
Man....That's a damn shame cause the puig touring is a kick@$$ windscreen...and I think the real culprit here was "Whoever Was In Charge Of Sales" as even when I bought my puig touring I more or less took a chance and bought it sight unseen cause there wasn't a freaking picture of a puig touring mounted on a busa to be seen anywhere's on the internet..and I had no idea what mine was gonna really look like till I pulled it out of the box it came in...and I was like...WOW!!...This thing is awesome!!!..and instead of taking awau from the great fairing lines of the busa?..it actually added too it!!!...giving it even more of a windswept appearance..and not many "TOURING" screens do that as imho this sucker is even "slicker to the wind" looking than the dub-bubs I see out there..and as far as I know?...I'm the first person ever to post pix on the internet of what the puig touring windcsreen mounted on a busa even looks like...and I think that "THAT'S" where the sales dept. at puig dropped the ball in a big way....but of course there was probably some sales statistics schmoe that just figured folks with a busa would be much more likely to order a windscreen described as "RACE" or "Double Bubble" due to the testosterone sales factor as they completely over-looked the fact that the lines of the puig touring was far more brilliantly conceived in fit, form & functionality than either of their other two offerings.

PUIG1.jpg

PUIG2.jpg

Guess I got lucky..but it's a crying damn shame that if anything happens I won't be able to replace it.
sad.gif

RamminBusa.
Could you post a side view of your bike with that screen. I have the same paint scheme as you and would like to see how the screen looks from a different angle.

Thanks in advance.

I have not tried any other windscreens and have entertained getting another but after some thought I think I like the stock as it it, I just wish it was Dark colored.  Does anyone know where I can get a stock shaped screen in dark smoke color?

Why throw out the money Suzuki spent researching and devloping the Busa? The stock is like it is because its what works.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116822962 -->

I called cyclescreens.com today and was told Puig was gonna make another Touring Screen production run in July. I was told to call back early July for an arrival date. I hope he wasn't blowing smoke... guess I'll find out in July
rock.gif

Back