aftermarket shorty levers

nfantbabyjesus

Registered
im in the market for some aftermarket levers, but don't know which ones to go with. a friend had some cheap chinese ones but he can't even turn the bike completly because the brake lever hits the gauge cluster plastic. is this a problem with all lever, or just his chinese ones? which levers do you/have you used? im leaning towards a set of FP Racing sport levers from motomummy.

I have the cheapo levers on my bike and don't hit. I don't have any kind of risers maybe that makes a difference.

I've got Pazzo's but the cheapies are probably fine. The hitting could be an adjustment issue also, but who locks left or right while riding? Just dont dump it in the garage because the brake operates :laugh:

I have Pazzos, CRG and some chinese knockoffs. All do well including the cheapo chinese. At first I thought I would not like shorty levers but they are way better to me than the stock length ones.

there are no adjustments, im assuming it's because the bike is lowered. riding obviously wont be an issue, but it's annoying in the garage while trying to get out, i lock the wheel to turn and the brake lever gets pressed due to hitting the plastics. not to mention, it's messed up my freshly hydrodipped pieces.

there are no adjustments, im assuming it's because the bike is lowered. riding obviously wont be an issue, but it's annoying in the garage while trying to get out, i lock the wheel to turn and the brake lever gets pressed due to hitting the plastics. not to mention, it's messed up my freshly hydrodipped pieces.

Can build up your fork stops a bit to stop the brake being applied when at left full lock.Eventually(when I have things apart and room to get at the neck)I'll drill and tap for a small Allen(or whatever)for the stops on the lower tree to hit,but for a quick fix I slid about a 1/2" piece of rubber hose over each stop on the lower tree and secured each with a small hose clamp.Have been on there for two years now with no issues,and no more worries about a tight left turn and dumping the bike when the brake lever hits the plastics.:laugh:

Back