aftermarket shock

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Frank, the Ohlins Busa spec shock has no accomodation for ride hieght. Contact Stigg Peterson at Peterson Pro Suspension, they are the west coast Ohlins service center. Stigg can construct a special shock for you for about $1250.

The Ohlins Busa spec shock lists for $1100

Penske makes custom shocks, they really do not make a production spec part as all their shocks are custom builds. $950 - $1150 depending on options(reservoirs and variable compression adjustments). They may ask you to send your stock shock to take dimensions from.

has anyone tried to lower there busa by using a aftermarket shock?

using longer dog bones is not a good way to do this....

i'm thinking about cutting off my upper shock support on the frame and fabing a different one to lower my ride

just wondering who has used what, and what works the best for the money? how much?

thanks for the info guy's!

gives me some ideal on what i need to do from here...

haven't checked the specs on the 750 yet.
there could be a posibility that it might bolt right in there, and be shorter

hey Frank there was a company that made adjustable ride height suspension links for 96 GSXR 750s out of canada.All you had to do was turn a screw.I saw their ad in the back of a magazine and called them but i cant remember which magazine(I have over 100 bike mags)

I put on a Ohlins, but it was not to lower the bike (sorry I don't drag race). It will allow greater preload adjustment. This shock is 320mm long and I think preload can adjust by up to 12mm. I'm sure you are looking for more than that.

So far I have not seen another manuf. offer another shock for the Busa. List is around $1100 USD :(

Back