aftermarket pipes

OB_rdalmau

Registered
I still have my stock mufflers. I might eventually change them. They are pretty plain-Jane compared, to say, the Two Brothers gorgeous slip-ons.

Even though the stock exhausts are plain looking, they sounds pretty good when you gas it.

RD

My problem with the stock exhaust is I could not hear the engine at high speed (wind noise above 100 mph) and did not like looking down at the tach to shift.

I went with the t-bros carbon, great sound, not too loud, and look quite good.

I was considering keeping my bike original. Everyone else tells me the bike is too quiet and I should reconsider. I'm not a mechanic and had a bad experience with a previous bike. Anyone else keeping their busa original, and if so, why?

Been considering a full pipe change or slip ons for the same reason...just a little to quiet for my taste. I shift fine, regardless of speed or pipes, so that isn't an issue, but when you ride every day with a CBR900RR with Two Bros carbon fiber pipes, you get to thinking that your bike should sound better...

I'm staying stock,reasons here goes: had a 89 Gxsr 1100 all stock,my friends with same year bike installed full pipes and slip ons,everyone got a ticket,had to show proof that stock pipes where on the bike after going to court,reason noise attracts the cops,upsets the neighbors.My Gxsr bike was easier to sell when kept stock.98 TL1000R kept stock and new buyer was glad to see no mod's/pipes on the bike.Hayabusa will be kept stock.If I want to make noise and upset the neighbors all I have to do is start up my Harley.

I'm probably keeping mine stock. Loud mufflers just attract unwanted attention from cops. Of course they also keep some nimrods from sideswiping your because they didn't know you were there. I don't know about FI bikes but bikes with carbs also always seem to be more finicky after full exhaust systems. Just my $.02.

i think the comment about staying stock makes sense if you don't know how to re-tune your bike once the new stuff is on
and that comment certainly applies to me
that's why i need your help
i'll rent that yosh box
i want at least new slip ons because i don't like the look of the stock cans
too plain jane for me

i want carbon fiber/titanium
K & N filter
remap the FI with the Yosh box

better look
and NOT a finicky bike if you remap it properly

am i right about this or not?

greg

for the record
i'll be happy to pay for much more than my fair share of this YOSHI box if someone can help me use it properly
i don't know how

in fact,
i'll pay for the whole damn thing and give it to the person just for helping me set up my bike correctly and to have them promise they'll lend it to me in the future if i ever need it

is that fair enough?

greg

Back