Aftermarket Lever Issue

Phillip W

Registered
I purchased some aftermarket Chrome levers and have some issues. The brake lever apparently is having the brake light on all the time and the clutchaikovsky lever is loose however fully tightened. There are no adjustments on these.. They are really nice and match the trim of the bike however functionality and safety is a paramount concernot. Has anyone replaced levers and had an issue and if so what was the fix?

On the loose one:
- add a thin washer between the lever and the stock housing.

-on the brake lever- Can you get a pic of the light switch activation area?

On some levers, you are required to remove the internal bushing and put it in the new lever .. Thats the bit that the holding bolt goes through.

The cheap china levers are as strong as the cheap china stock levers.
Only some need adjusting or filing in the opening the brake mc pin goes into.
I've had several pair with no issues. And had to do a little filing to a friends brake lever to make it work right.
For $20, I'll modify and use cheap shortys over stock anyday. And thats after I'm sure they fit and function correctly.
For $20, you can't expect perfection.
Some members lab tested cheap vs stock vs Pazzo a few years back. The cheapos were as strong or stronger than stock...both made in China.
I'de buy ASV everytime.
But, I'de also buy the cheapos over stock.

Screenshot_20170206-231005.png

Screenshot_20170206-231005.png

That sounds like a tricky situation. I've ran china shorty levers, ASVs and stock levers on my stock MC before, but never used the one without adjustments.

Back