aftermarket fuel cap

nfantbabyjesus

Registered
im wanting a new cap, non locking, for the bike and was wondering what others were running? there are a couple of cheaper ones on ebay, but i doubt they have a vent. is the vent really necessary?

I have a LightTech quarter turn cap on the 14 and it has no vent which I consider an improvement because the stock cap with vent hisses when the tank gets hot. The LighTech weighs 7.25 oz which is half the weight of the stock cap. I have an EvoTech quarter turn for the busa and it is beautifully carved. It has a vent and weighs 6.35 oz. I have not installed the busa's fuel cap yet so I can't tell you how I like it for usefulness.

I bought a second quarter turn cap for the 14 off of Ebay from a Chinese co called Alibaba or AliExpress as they now go by. It has a key to dissuade passersby from tampering but it would not be hard to unlock with a pliers if the key was forgotten. The locking mechanism is good. The machining is good. The gold color is more like a weak looking copper but the blue base is nice. Has a small scrape right on the edge but for $40, I wouldn't complain. It weighs the same as the stock ZX-14 cap. If you're not real picky about color, wouldn't hesitate to buy a Chinese cap. The color is the only problem with Asian CNCed parts I have purchased. It's sometimes off from what we are accustomed to in the US. I don't think you can go wrong with black. Asian parts are usually so cheap compared to the big name parts, it's worth taking a risk. LOL you can't return them cuz it costs as much or more to ship than you paid in the first place.

i really like the TWM cap, but ended up buying a cheap cap, all black. it does not have a vent, so hopefully that doesn't cause any issues. im not to sure of the purpose of the vent either way.

Back