Aftermarket fairings

cgptv1

Registered
Looking for Get 2 after market fairing company and how well they where on all aspects. I need one fairing which I could repair and paint but it would not match 100 percent. What is the general consensus. Factory fairing is backordered with no build date and one fairing is more money than a whole set of aftermarket. Thanks

Looking for Get 2 after market fairing company and how well they where on all aspects. I need one fairing which I could repair and paint but it would not match 100 percent. What is the general consensus. Factory fairing is backordered with no build date and one fairing is more money than a whole set of aftermarket. Thanks
That's a big question....although many on this site run aftermarket fairings and they seem to be happy with them.

I'm sure one or more of them will be by with which fairings they have...

If it were me, I'd probably go with an aftermarket set

I'd probably paint the whole bike rather than take a chance on aftermarket fairings but like Bumblebee said, some members have gone very fast with aftermarket busa fairings without any problems arising.

If you don't mind imperfect fitment, aftermarket is the way to go. You will have to take a day or two to finesse/force everything to fit.
I have a gen1 Chinese kit and it came with EVERY piece of plastic already painted+decals. You can't beat the price! However: not all the edges line up, had to thread/re-drill some holes, and light pods needed some stacked washers to look decent. It's not a show bike, but everyone still admires her while she is sitting in the lot. I have seen nothing on mine that would worry me about parts flying off.

Thanks for the input. I have decided to take my fairing and repair it. In a past life I was an aircraft mechanic and painted many planes.

Back