Aftermarket coils worth the money?

Anybody tried aftermarket ignition coils on a turbocharged engine such as dynatek? Any problems with them? Any more power? Let me know if you tried these or any other brand.

oem coils vs dynatek coils
Hi. I am looking at them too. I am also looking at the Energy Coils too. You need a good spark with a turbo so you do not blow out the spark. I will be using the RCC super ultra kit on mine.

I drank the Kool-aid on these coils several years ago and they didn't work for me $$$$ down the drain in my opinion.
http://www.takai-racing.com/main/ignition_coils.htm
They didn't fit correctly because you need the extenders to get them to clear the valve covers. Then the extenders would get stuck on the plugs. Then the boots would get stuck on the plugs so you couldn't the plugs out without tearing the boots in two. I dicked with them for a while. So finally I get a chance to compare them on the dyno, same day, same plugs, same fuel etc. dropped 7 hp, WTF? Nels said they "may" eventually work the same as stock if we played with dwell and such. By then I was done with them.
Some of the fastest turbo bikes I know of are using the stock coils or CBR600 coils.

I drank the Kool-aid on these coils several years ago and they didn't work for me $$$$ down the drain in my opinion.
http://www.takai-racing.com/main/ignition_coils.htm
They didn't fit correctly because you need the extenders to get them to clear the valve covers. Then the extenders would get stuck on the plugs. Then the boots would get stuck on the plugs so you couldn't the plugs out without tearing the boots in two. I dicked with them for a while. So finally I get a chance to compare them on the dyno, same day, same plugs, same fuel etc. dropped 7 hp, WTF? Nels said they "may" eventually work the same as stock if we played with dwell and such. By then I was done with them.
Some of the fastest turbo bikes I know of are using the stock coils or CBR600 coils.
direct hit..... dead on

I've heard they don't do a thing more than the stock coils do. I'm sure if you test your stock coils and they are in spec, that's as good as it gets. There might be something to it for turbo because I know there is a concern for controlling the speed of the flame front but turbo owners use special plugs for that.

Back