Aftermarket cans in the UK

Eagle747

Registered
I've been looking for some aftermarket cans in the UK. So far not much success. Campbell Custom did offer a half price set if I left my bike with them for a week so they could design them, but I live the other end of the country so it wasn't very practical. Can't get an answer out of Beowulf for the Warrior cans - and even the Yoshis don't seem to be available here yet.
Anyone know of any suppliers doing cans yet over here? I'm off to the NEC bike show tomorrow so I'll talk to some of the suppliers and see what's up and coming. Micron say they don't have any plans to make anything for the new Busa - no interest been shown as yet - which isn't that suprising as the new model hasn;t been around very long.

I wasn't planning to buy cans yet but one of the big black monsters got scratched in a car park - so it's either off to Art Attack to get them refinished or off to by something nice - probably in titanium if I can find it....

I know that Scorpion made some slip-ons in the UK for the Gen1 Busa but beyond that your best option would be to order from Stateside and have someone send you a set through the post. You'll be hurting due to the Customs duty that will be tacked on but you'll have them. Otherwise, it may be in your interests to leave your new Busa at the Fabrication shop for a week as it is not exactly prime riding weather.

Where are you, near Newquay (sp?) or further west towards Land's End?

I know that Scorpion made some slip-ons in the UK for the Gen1 Busa but beyond that your best option would be to order from Stateside and have someone send you a set through the post. You'll be hurting due to the Customs duty that will be tacked on but you'll have them. Otherwise, it may be in your interests to leave your new Busa at the Fabrication shop for a week as it is not exactly prime riding weather.

Where are you, near Newquay (sp?) or further west towards Land's End?
Thanks for the advice. I'm just over the river from Plymouth. I may go for some Yoshis from the USA. Problem is due to insurance rating on the Busa I need to make sure they are 'road legal' in the UK and now sure where I'd stand on this if I source cans from the US.

That is the worst thing about driving in the UK. The damned Insurance prices and rackets that are in that country dictating everything you can have on your personal vehicle. Total BS if you ask me.

I thought all street bikes in ol Blimey had to have certified aftermarket cans. What is the deal with those Euro emission standards on new bikes?

xxx.jpg

I thought all street bikes in ol Blimey had to have certified aftermarket cans. What is the deal with those Euro emission standards on new bikes?
It's very complicated and the rules keep changing. As I understand it at the moment.....
There are no emission tests on bikes though there are manufacturing standards for CO2 output etc.
Cans which do not have 'not for road use' stamped on them are legal provided they are not 'excessively noisy' - though what that actually means is open to arguement.
It's difficult to get insurance if you fit illegal cans (esp on a high power bike) and if you just don't tell the insurers you risk invalidating your insurance. Not a good idea with a bike that costs £9000.

Oh and we have more speed cameras than anywhere else in the world. And the government are planning a new 'two strikes and your out' law for those of us who exceed the speed limit by more than a few miles an hour. If you get caught at over 100 it's an instant ban anyway(unless you are a member of parliament or in the police!) and much over 130 is an imprisonable offence. Good eh?

That is the worst thing about driving in the UK. The damned Insurance prices and rackets that are in that country dictating everything you can have on your personal vehicle. Total BS if you ask me.
Yeah - but at least we don't get shot at that much (except in parts of Manchester...) unlike where you (appear to) live!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am not going to go there with the gun issue except to say the government prefers unarmed peasants to armed citizens. We are starting to get the cameras here in Texas too.

Been awhile since I've been to the UK, but does the camera only get the front of the vehicle? I remember when I was in Germany cruising along and all the sudden BAM, flash of light! A speed camera!Awe crap, then you just have to wait to get your ticket in the mail. Funny though your first reaction is to slam on the brakes..like it's going to matter. I always thought it was funny watching the Police pull people over on the autobahn too, people called it "lolipopped" the po-po gets in front of you rolls down the window and put out a stick w/ a big old circular sign, not sure what it said but it looked like a big lollipop and it meant pull over your busted. Wonder if they still do that?

well you say no micron for the busa isn't it
rock.gif
rock.gif

look this mail :

Envoyé :lun. 15/10/07 12:59
Hello yes good news pipes are in development now, should be 4-5 weeks roughly .
best regards
Tony Baker

Technical Sales
Tel:01773 876333

give a call, and say this to him
thumb_up.gif

rock.gif

Thank. Well I wnt to the International Bike SHow at the NEC in Birmingham (Midlands UK - not Alabama!). Had a look at some Two Brothers cans which we can get in the UK now (on eBay). Then went to the Beowulf stand. They have just done some work for the new 08 Busa. Apparently if you buy bolt-on the same can fits the new model and the old one. So got a really good deal on a pair of Beowulf Warriors (stainless steel trapeziod streetlegal with removable baffles). They do them in stainless, titanium, carbon and a stainless version which is black powder coated down the sleeves. So went for that type in a bolt-on. The look will be a bit like the orginals but much shorter and narrower, plus some NOISE at last! And £350 for the pair is good value for some well made kit with a lifetime guarantee! I know they are good cos I had one before on a CB1300.

When they arrive (about two weeks) and they are fitted I'll post some pics.
Eagle

Back