Aftermarket brake lever doesn't actuate brake switch (pazzo clones beware)

RedHerring

Registered
I got a set of knockoff pazzo clones to see if I would like them, and I do except for one tiny detail.
The auction specified 2008+ fitment, and the bike I tried them on is a 12. Notice how the switch is visible once the lever is in place (Pic 1) and a comparison of stock vs the new levers (Pic 2) Are these Gen1 compatible? They sure don't work on a gen2.

Now I don't know what to do. Will genuine pazzo levers work on my Gen 2? If so I would buy them. Will these clones work on a Gen1? If so who wants them, they are very nice, and a real shame they don't fit my bike. Thoughts?

79afbd3cb411f33d551ee21d58f41277.jpg

64195a1434c6d5a2800fc686fa0cb223.jpg

Gen I & Gen II are identical. Buy a set of quality Pazzo Racing levers and they will fit and work flawlessly. I guarantee it! :beerchug:

Yeah, that's what I am going to do Tuf. Buy cheap, buy twice. Buy once, cry once. I hate for these to go to waste though. I wonder what they actually fit? Cheers.

I dont know for sure on those levers, but my Pazzo's swapped from my 05 to my 09 with zero issues. Hit up Pashnit and dont forget to have them engraved.

2011-04-11_17-36-45_124.jpg

I have a few pairs of pazzos,crgs and asv's depending on color you want..

Let the seller know they screwed up!
Even though you bought a knock off, its supposed to work!

***** ***** *****!

Yeah I bought a knock off pazzo shorty lever off ebay and it has worked great so far. I didn't want to spend all that money on a name brand shorty lever and not like the feel of it so I bought a Chazzo. The thing is working so good I'm thinking about getting a clutch lever to match and it still wouldn't amount to the price of 1 name brand lever

There are some decent knockoff levers, I have a set and had no fitment issues whatsoever. Vendor I have used is called The2wheels.

I had the same issue.. a little epoxy and wooh lahh done deal... i also bought some shims from mcmastercarr to take out the play and now I have the same feel as some high dollar pazzos.

I have had customer buy the chazzos and I have sold the real pazzos and there is no comparing lemons to florida oranges.. You get what you pay for quality and feel wise...buy what fits your budget and stay in your lane..

I ordered a real set of pazzos, in candy red. BIG $$$$, but just like in any industry the real thing is always better.

Yep, "The2wheels" is where I got the non-brake-switch-activating levers, off ebay. I sent them the above pics
and they are sending me something to fix the issue, they said. I guess we will see. I can't imagine what
they can send that isn't a complete lever. When the thing arrives and IF it makes these useable, I will have two
sets of these to sell or give away. Red Long with Black adjusters, and Black Short with red adjusters. I wanted to
see what I like, and I guess to that end the experiment was a success. :laugh:

I will keep you guys posted.

There are some decent knockoff levers, I have a set and had no fitment issues whatsoever. Vendor I have used is called The2wheels.

Thats where I ordered my front brake shorty lever from...........2wheels off ebay. Wait now that I think about it Im using a Brembo MC off a R1 so the lever I purchased was for an 09 R1. Sorry

Hi guys i got the same levers from the two wheels.These were the same, didnt actuate the switch. i just drilled and tapped a 4mm screw in there and they work fine.But at £22.00 and delivered from china in 4 days cant really complain.

I have a friend who spends a lot of time in china and works with the chinese on a regular basis. He says "The Chinese can't even copy $hit well".

I have a friend who spends a lot of time in china and works with the chinese on a regular basis. He says "The Chinese can't even copy $hit well".

I will agree, China lacks in the QA department, but with a little engineering skills one can take a little time and make them feel just as great as something costing 10X the cost.
If you arent good at looking at something and thinking outside of the box to come up with ways to cure the qaulity issue then bite the bullet.

Money no object, dont have the time, dont enjoy fiddling= buy the Name Brand Pazzo's.
On a money budget, have time to engineer a way to fix a flaw, pride of fixing others poor qaulity= Cheap Chineso You Rikey Chazzios.:beerchug:

Ive been running my cheap chinamen chazzos now for a few months and havent had one issue out of them and the finish is staying new.. I just make sure I wax them every few weeks.

Back